The Outer Worlds - Information Thread, update - "Spacer's Choice Edition" announced for $60 ($10 if you already own base game + both DLC expansions)

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
Just now, Bacon said:

I just mean, why would I get Xbox Live if I don't have an xbox 

Your live subscription converts to Xbox Ulitmate, which includes PC game pass. 

Apparently, the PC game pass is $5.00 only until its out of beta and then it might go up. i think i read 7.50/mo. 

getting 3 years of XBL maxes you out at like 4.25/mo. so even if it goes up, youre locked in for a few years. 

2 minutes ago, atom631 said:

Your live subscription converts to Xbox Ulitmate, which includes PC game pass. 

Apparently, the PC game pass is $5.00 only until its out of beta and then it might go up. i think i read 7.50/mo. 

getting 3 years of XBL maxes you out at like 4.25/mo. so even if it goes up, youre locked in for a few years. 

Yeah, I guess if you plan on using the service on the regular then sure. But I am not. I am just here to abuse the system. I will pay the buck for a month, beat Outer Worlds, and then cancel the service. Basically, a PC gaming rental service. I honestly don't know if I ever use this service again. 

1 hour ago, Bacon said:

Yeah, I guess if you plan on using the service on the regular then sure. But I am not. I am just here to abuse the system. I will pay the buck for a month, beat Outer Worlds, and then cancel the service. Basically, a PC gaming rental service. I honestly don't know if I ever use this service again. 

fair enough. just keep in mind that once you convert, you cant go back. 

if you dont think that there will be another game youre interested in the next 3 years, then your plan sounds fine. otherwise...you might be making a mistake. 

31 minutes ago, atom631 said:

fair enough. just keep in mind that once you convert, you cant go back. 

if you dont think that there will be another game youre interested in the next 3 years, then your plan sounds fine. otherwise...you might be making a mistake. 

Yeah but his plan requires you to get a bunch of XBL gold  which it doesn't sound like he has. So next time he wants to try it he'll be paying either way.

20 minutes ago, atom631 said:

It really depends on the game. I generally prefer to own a game as much as I can. I really haven't bought many games in the past few years. Like, not even 5 per year. Also, I really don't have 95 bucks to spend on this, and even if I did, it would still be cheaper to pay the 7.50 for a month. Like, first the game has to be on game pass. If it isn't on game pass then that is just money wasted. Then, I generally don't play games longer than a month. I only need to be subbed for the time I want to play the game. There is no point in being subbed when there are no games I want to play. As an example, there is not a single game coming out in November or December that I want on the PC game pass. That is just money wasted. Why spend all that money when I can just spend a dollar for a month?  

There is also the fact that Xbox doesn't really get the games I want. The only exclusive they have for me now I Halo. And, I just looked at they why have to offer, and there is not a single game on the PC game pass that I have gotten this year. I mean, I have only gotten two games this year, Resident Evil 2 and Sekiro, and I think they came out before the game pass, but still. There are other games I want from this year but they are not on the list either. Two are Nintendo exclusives so that really isn't fair, but the other two aren't. Code Vein and GreedFall being those two. That makes The Outer Worlds the only game of 2019 that I can even get on this service. 

Now, when Halo:Whatever and Fable 4 come around, then I be using the service again for sure. 

There's been a few other cases where they leave the Pro version at 1080p.  It's a 1440p machine at the least.

Oh well, I may be more into Sony, but I have an X, so I'm good.

Edit:. Apparently it was clarified that it does run at 1440p on Pro.  Hopefully the textures are adjusted to match.