Sign in to follow this  
SFLUFAN

Battletoads (?!?) - Official Gameplay Trailer

Oooph. Do not want this art style for the toads. It looks cheap and I don't like it. It doesn't mean I won't play it, but the toads deserve better! 

46 minutes ago, Mr.Vic20 said:

Oooph. Do not want this art style for the toads. It looks cheap and I don't like it. It doesn't mean I won't play it, but the toads deserve better! 

Looks like its straight out of Cartoon Network

I'd play it, but I doubt it's better than the arcade game. Not a fan of the art style, though. 

Am I missing something or is it not going to be on PC? It's definitely nothing I'd buy their system for. But I'd play it on PC.

38 minutes ago, CastlevaniaNut18 said:

I'd play it, but I doubt it's better than the arcade game. Not a fan of the art style, though. 

Am I missing something or is it not going to be on PC? It's definitely nothing I'd buy their system for. But I'd play it on PC.

Looks like it's console exclusive.

4 minutes ago, Remarkableriots said:

Looks like it's console exclusive.

For now. I'll wait and see. Like I said, that alone ain't gonna make me buy an Xbox One, lol.

There’s no way it won’t be on PC.  That’s what ‘console exclusive’ means these days.

As for the game, it does look a lot better than I expected from a trash C-tier indie studio. That’s still my greatest concern about it.  I want the 5 minutes I played Overruled! back.

What really amuses me is the nostalgia we all have for Battletoads. I'm all like "yeah, Battletoads!" but i never really made it past the third stage of the NES game, and only recently played the arcade version through Rare Replay, and its not even that good.

2 hours ago, XxEvil AshxX said:

What really amuses me is the nostalgia we all have for Battletoads. I'm all like "yeah, Battletoads!" but i never really made it past the third stage of the NES game, and only recently played the arcade version through Rare Replay, and its not even that good.

I spent the money on the arcade board. I'm a disagree with you on that, the game is a blast, especially with three players.

I can feel a bunch of neck bearded chodes just ranting about "calarts style" on Twitter without even having to read it.  Feels good man.

I had a lot of fun with the original, but I consider it to be a pretty bad game. 

This always struck me as a game people say that they would love to have made but actually won’t buy it or play it. 

12 hours ago, Paperclyp said:

I had a lot of fun with the original, but I consider it to be a pretty bad game. 

This always struck me as a game people say that they would love to have made but actually won’t buy it or play it. 

Tghe original is a fantastic game!

9 hours ago, TheGreatGamble said:

Tghe original is a fantastic game!

I'm not trying to take away your enjoyment of it or anything, but game design just isn't good. 

It's punishing to an absurd degree on the random cheapness of it, especially when you get to the little hover-bike level. The time you have to put in to learn the patterns isn't worth it. 

1 minute ago, Paperclyp said:

I'm not trying to take away your enjoyment of it or anything, but game design just isn't good. 

It's punishing to an absurd degree on the random cheapness of it, especially when you get to the little hover-bike level. The time you have to put in to learn the patterns isn't worth it. 

I agree, that's why I prefer the arcade game, which is great. I doubt this new game will be as cheap and punishing.