Sign in to follow this  
SFLUFAN

General Gaming Wasteland 3 - "Patriarch of Colorado"" Gamescom trailer, update: alpha demo gameplay videos and impressions from Polygon

@SFLUFAN

I think we should be using platform (manufacturer) tags for exclusives or platform-centric showcases IMO.  Microsoft is blurring the lines a little bit, admittedly.  There might need to be some give and take for them.

... It just feels wrong for this game though.  Not only because it's historically a PC franchise, but because like The Outer Worlds, its still slated for PS4.  Was even crowdfunded that way on FIG.

EDIT: Thanks

I want to go through all these CRPG's that have been consolized but at least for this game my old ass can't read all the damn text on the screen from my couch. Hopefully this will be better with that. Or my old ass just needs to finally breakdown and get some glasses. 

Wasteland 3 is a prettier, more polished post-apocalypse (Polygon)

Wasteland 3 looks like a snowier, sleeker, and more substantial version of its five-year-old predecessor, Wasteland 2. I played a slice of the game earlier this week — based on a demo sent out to backers who helped crowdfund the game — and enjoyed the various tweaks and additions that have been added to the series’ team-based role-playing formula. This game’s budget, according to developer InXile, is three times larger than the last game.

Can someone familiar with the series break down what the gameplay is like?  Is this something like Mutant Year Zero where it is free roaming but the combat is like Xcom?

2 minutes ago, number305 said:

Can someone familiar with the series break down what the gameplay is like?  Is this something like Mutant Year Zero where it is free roaming but the combat is like Xcom?

It's essentially XCOM-like tactical gameplay plus old-school CRPG.

I can't wait for this one. W2 was pretty good and this looks improved in all the right ways. Kind of like DOS -> DOS2.

I need to find a way to make playing 2 work for me before this comes out because I've been meaning to get through it. 3 is looking really good