CrossfireX (Korea's Counter-Strike) - Information Thread, update: RIP in Peace on May 18 (including Remedy-developed single-player campaign)

• 5 months later...
  • 8 months later...
  • 1 year later...
6 hours ago, Keyser_Soze said:

Operation Catalyst is going to be on Game Pass which is the campaign. Supposedly there are 2 parts and the other part is a paid add on.

Ah okay, I thought I had seen none of it was included.  Guess we can try it "risk" free now if I find the time.

• 2 weeks later...

Apparently the Remedy campaign is like 2 hours each part and you only get the first part with game pass. It does run on its own engine (north light) and is completely separate from the main game so maybe that part isn’t horrible?

Id totally check it out but I guess this is not on pc actually.

i played the team deathmatch and it was as basic and dull as you can imagine team deathmatch being on a tiny linear map. It was pretty terrible. Like, spawn on one side, run around a crate and immediately shoot or get shot by the other team running out from behind their crate ten yards away. It was like Nuketown but 1/4 the size.

And from what i can tell it was the only map.

I'm honestly confused as to what this game even was.  I thought the Multiplayer has been out for years, and is one of the biggest games in Asia.  Like a hundreds of millions of monthly active users.  I thought this was just bringing F2P Multiplayer to console, along with Remedy making a little spin off campaign to go along with it.

Was this a whole new multiplayer game developed too?

1 hour ago, JPDunks4 said:

I'm honestly confused as to what this game even was.  I thought the Multiplayer has been out for years, and is one of the biggest games in Asia.  Like a hundreds of millions of monthly active users.  I thought this was just bringing F2P Multiplayer to console, along with Remedy making a little spin off campaign to go along with it.

Was this a whole new multiplayer game developed too?

Well you can't just throw us westerners to the wolves of all the Asian folks who've been playing the game for decades.

• 11 months later...

RIP in Peace

230125_cfx_closure_c_newsthumb.jpg
CFX.GAME.ONSTOVE.COM

An important update regarding the future of CrossfireX

The Remedy-developed single-player campaign is also being taken out back:

4) Will I still be able to play the CrossfireX campaigns? 

If you have previously purchased either of the single player campaigns, then you will be  able to enjoy and complete them until servers close on May 18, 2023 – 00:00 UTC. 

• Commissar SFLUFAN changed the title to CrossfireX (Korea's Counter-Strike) - Information Thread, update: RIP in Peace on May 18
  • Commissar SFLUFAN changed the title to CrossfireX (Korea's Counter-Strike) - Information Thread, update: RIP in Peace on May 18 (including Remedy-developed single-player campaign)