Gears 5 | Official Thread of It's Gear5 To Me

About half way through I guess as I’m on act 3 of 4, and I think it’s already safe to say that this is easily the best Gears yet. I did all the side missions in act 2 which to that point probably put in as much time as I would have any of the other Gears games so I’m comfortable with already calling that.

42 minutes ago, Mr.Vic20 said:

Yup, skip them and see a nice steady 60FPS throughout your game. :sun:

I tried dropping them down to ultra and only gained about 4 fps avg in the benchmark. Screen space reflections at insane make a night and day difference compared to ultra, btw - if you hit spacebar in the video settings it lets you see the differences. Dynamic Fog has no discernible difference between insane and ultra, shadows is there be minimal, as mentioned, reflections is pretty big. I put fog down to ultra since there’s no difference that I could see, and that put me at 53-ish avg in the bench.

I don’t know how representative the benchmark is to gameplay, though.

Just now, Spork3245 said:

I tried dropping them down to ultra and only gained about 3fps in the benchmark. Screen space reflections at insane make a night and day difference compared to ultra, btw - if you hit spacebar in the video settings it lets you see the differences. Dynamic Fog has no discernible difference between insane and ultra, shadows is there be minimal, as mentioned, reflections is pretty big.

I don’t know how representative the benchmark is to gameplay, though.

Strange ,I was averaging 120 to 140 at 1440p with all setting on Ultra, turning to them up to insane cut my fps by 1/2 or more

13 minutes ago, SimpleG said:

Screenshot-22.png

Screenshot-21.png

@Spork3245

Only 10 FPS difference in benchmark, in game was around 15 fps.

Try turning off minimum framerate, that enables scaling. I have a 2080 Ti and I just ran it at 1440p to see, I'm getting 57 avg

11 minutes ago, SimpleG said:

Also just FYI the benchmark isnt always the same.

It's the same in the amount of enemies being rendered as well as the scenery, the AI is fighting so who's getting shot when and how is dynamic.

1 hour ago, Spork3245 said:

PC Gamer

And from everything I’m seeing that looks like what it should be, so something is obviously wrong. :(

Two things off the top of my head to check is make sure dvd recording is off in the Xbox app and also sometimes nvidia resets default settings when you install new drivers so check that it’s set to prefer maximum performance in the nvidia control panel.

1 hour ago, stepee said:

And from everything I’m seeing that looks like what it should be, so something is obviously wrong. :(

Two things off the top of my head to check is make sure dvd recording is off in the Xbox app and also sometimes nvidia resets default settings when you install new drivers so check that it’s set to prefer maximum performance in the nvidia control panel.

My 4k performance does seem about right with their benches, but my 1440p is waaaay off, so something is definitely screwy. I’ll check the dvr thing.

53 minutes ago, Spork3245 said:

My 4k performance does seem about right with their benches, but my 1440p is waaaay off, so something is definitely screwy. I’ll check the dvr thing.

Did you set your 4k monitor to 1440p before start up of the game? I have some people have issues where the game stays at the monitor default resolution even after changing it.