Dying Light 2: Stay Human - Information Thread, update: "Authority Pack Free DLCs" trailer

Your choices can wipe out entire settlements in Dying Light 2 (Eurogamer)

Dying Light 2 is a very ambitious sequel. Its map, Techland tells us, is four times as big as its predecessor's and players will see about 50 per cent of the game's content in a single playthrough. The reason for this is that players will regularly have to make big decisions about the way the game's action unfolds - the consequences of those choices can be as far reaching as determining whether a character lives or dies, sometimes even determining whether you unlock an entire section of the map or not. Having seen about half an hour of the game in a presentation at E3, I'm very much intrigued.

Dying Light 2’s dark age parkour looks solid, but the narrative feels risky (Polygon)

But, while Dying Light 2 seems to have a good feel for its combat mechanics, the game’s narrative itself seems much more experimental. Penned by Chris Avellone (known for his work on Planescape: Torment and Fallout: New Vegas, among others), Ciszewski says that players will likely only experience about 50 percent of the storyline in their first playthrough. That means the same sense of loss on display in the game world extends to Dying Light 2’s storyline as well.

You Will Probably Only See 50% of Dying Light 2's Content In Your First Playthrough (IGN)

The big buzz-phrase during Dying Light 2’s extremely impressive E3 demo was “narrative sandbox.” Throughout the 30-odd minute gameplay demonstration, developer Techland pushed the idea that even if you finish Dying Light 2, you’ll probably only see around 50% of its content based on the decisions you make throughout. It’s a liberating premise that promises for some great watercooler chat with other people playing, as theoretically, there are hundreds of thousands of variations on how your story could play out.

Dying Light 2's New Storytelling Is Punctuated By Its Brutal Combat (Gamespot)

At E3 2019, we got to see an extended hands-off demo that focused on the conflict between two major factions--a war between the communities of The Fish-Eye and the Castle. Though the concept of an open-world zombie apocalypse experience letting you have the run of the city is very much intact, there's now a greater emphasis on weaving those sandbox elements into the actual story.

Parkour movement changes depending on which Dying Light 2 region you’re in (PCGamesN)

There seven different regions in Dying Light’s The City setting, and each will feature a unique style of parkour. While the moveset you build as you progress through the game won’t change region to region, the challenge you face will vary a great deal.

Dying Light 2 E3 2019 preview: Techland's pulpy power fantasy has politically charged punch (GamesRadar+)

I was prepared for Dying Light 2's sequel-sized scope. I was prepared for its first-in-class moment-to-moment gameplay. But what I was not prepared for, perhaps to my shame, was its consistent capacity to scare me senseless. I'm not just talking about the immediate fright of its I Am Legend style zombies, either, most of whom huddle together in dingy, blackened buildings known as Dark Zones during the day and surface only once the sun's down to stalk the open world at night. 

Dying Light 2 lets you break your fall with a zombie and it’s great (VG247)

Choice and consequence are baked into the design, moving the game into a space usually reserved for the likes of Deus Ex and Dishonored. When you make a choice, it autosaves and you have to live with the consequences. In the hands-off demo at E3, one of these consequences changes the world forever.

Dying Light 2's dramatic map-altering choices will be hell for indecisive players (PC Gamer)

Giving such weight to your many choices might sound like a nightmare for those of us predisposed to researching our options. But with so many choices, and so many possible outcomes and play styles, Dying Light 2 is saying that it's OK to follow your heart. Because whatever you choose, you won't see everything it has to offer in a single playthrough.

Dying Light 2's Player Choices Mean Your First Playthrough Will Reveal Maybe Less Than Half of the Game's Content (USgamer)

Dying Light 2 has a lot of ambition; coupling its hit parkour and melee zombie action to steep narrative aspirations. The developers say it will indeed have multiple endings, but the team is still arguing over them because some are being deemed "too controversial."

I've seen how choices impact your Dying Light 2 city and I'm sold (Rock, Paper, Shotgun)

Dying Light, Brendy will tell you, is the best 7/10 game in existence. I’d tell you that too, and add that it could easily have been more. Perhaps if the plot had been halfway engaging, or if the more interesting second area and grappling hooks (yes, there were grappling hooks) had appeared at some point before the ten hour mark. They’re the kind of problems that a sequel could address, through dressing up fundamentally solid melee combat with necromantic bells and whistles. Based on the E3 demo I’ve seen, Techland appear to be doing just that.

• 2 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 4 months later...
  • 6 months later...
7 minutes ago, skillzdadirecta said:

I just assumed Dead Island 2 was no longer a thing.

As far as I can tell it's still coming out but it has changed developers twice already. Yager Development started until Sumo Digital took over in 2016 and then Dambuster Studios in 2019. Koch Media boss Klemens Kundratitz said it was still coming out.

• 6 months later...

You might as well cease all hope for this one as well:

Techland-Studio.jpg
WWW.THEGAMER.COM

Behind the scenes of the studio making Dying Light 2.

His (the CEO's) infatuation with CD Projekt is borderline unhealthy,” claims one source, and it’s a sentiment echoed by everyone I speak to. I’m told that Marchewka is constantly pushing for innovation, but he’s also always comparing Techland’s work to other studios and games, with CD Projekt in the crosshairs.

OLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLO

While the offer to ensure his staff are comfortable is surely welcome for the hundreds of developers at Techland, you might find it difficult to report a concern about your boss when the HR manager is his wife.

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

• Commissar SFLUFAN changed the title to Dying Light 2 - Information Thread, update: report says Techland is "bleeding talent" due to "autocratic management, bad feedback, and lack of direction"
On 2/23/2021 at 10:38 AM, Commissar SFLUFAN said:

You might as well cease all hope for this one as well:

Was there ever much hope though? Their previews of Dying Light 2 seemed like such a mishmash of ideas that it was never really that clear what the game was supposed to be. Now it looks like the devs didn't know what it was supposed to be either. They should've just kept it simple like the first one. 

• 3 weeks later...
  • Commissar SFLUFAN changed the title to Dying Light 2 - Information Thread, update: Development Update scheduled for 17 March 2021
  • Commissar SFLUFAN changed the title to Dying Light 2 - Information Thread, update: March 2021 Development "Update"
  • 2 months later...
  • Commissar SFLUFAN changed the title to Dying Light 2: Stay Human (8 December 2021) - Information Thread, update: Official Gameplay Trailer (8 minutes), 4-player co-op, various editions

And now for the Editions!

Standard Edition - $60

STANDARD-EDITION-616px.png?t=1622144036\

Pre-order the Standard Edition now to get the exclusive items:

• "Reload" outfit
  • "Reload" weapon skin
  • "Reload" paraglider skin

Deluxe Edition - $80

DELUXE-EDITION-616px.png?t=1622144036

Pre-order now to get the exclusive items:

• "Reload" outfit
  • "Reload" weapon skin

The Deluxe Edition contains:

• Access to a story DLC that will be available in the months after the release
  • Exclusive weapon charms
  • "Legendary" outfit
  • "Legendary" weapon skin
  • "Legendary" paraglider skin
  •  Wallpapers ready to print
  • Digital comic
  • Digital Artbook
  • Digital Soundtrack

Ultimate Edition - $100

ULTIMATE-EDITION-616px.png?t=1622144036

• "Reload" outfit
  • "Reload" weapon skin

The Ultimate Edition contains:

• Deluxe Edition
  •  2h Night XP Boost
  • Wallpapers ready to print
  • Digital comic
  • Crafting items
  • Expansion pass with 2 extra stories that will be available in the months after the release

Collector's Edition - $260

inside-dl2-1920x1080-art-collectors.png

• "Reload" outfit
  • "Reload" weapon skin

The Collector’s Edition contains:

• Ultimate Edition
  •  Dying Light 2 game
  • UV Flashlight
  • Artbook hard copy
  • Thank you letter from the creators