1 hour ago, JPDunks4 said:

I'm not too big into Star Wars.  Is there somewhere in the story that explains why Jedi dont use blasters?  I know Luke did but he wasnt really a trained Jedi.  Cant recall if they did in Ep 1-3 when they were actual Jedis.  

I know it wouldn't really fit the combat of the game, but seems odd we wouldnt grab a blaster and use it at times. Wasnt sure if it was part ok Star Wars lore that Jedi wouldnt use them, or just a game decision not to have them for gameplay reasons. 

They would use them rarely... Obi-Wan used one against General Grevious in Revenge of The Sith. The main reason that Jedi don't typically use blasters is because they are primarily offensive weapons and the Jedi don't believe in initiating aggression. Luke stopped using them once he became a full Jedi and I don't recall too many active Jedi who used both Blasters and LightSabers. I'm sure there were some but the vast majority didn't.

I just uninstalled after being maybe 2/3rd through. Lots to like about this game *except* the enemy design which is atrociously lazy and unfortunately is too major an aspect of the game to mess up. This game thinks the way to make it harder is to make enemies more of a light saber sponge with more frequent and longer uninterruptible and unblockable moves. That is literally the most boring way to make enemies harder and really detracts from the idea of being a Jedi with a fucking light saber.

9 hours ago, johnny said:

Were you guys able to beat that mini boss on the first place you get to explore? Cuz I got my shit rocked a couple times and noped out. Curious if it is not as difficult as it seems or if you guys went back to beat it later

I beat it fairly early. They key is to not get too greedy... dodge, hit it once or twice, then dodge. I don't block a lot in this game preferring to stay on the move. None of the bosses I've faced have been too tough so far. I think beating Dark Souls recently and playing Dark Souls 2 up until this coming out probably helped me a lot. Like the video I posted states, from a combat perspective this game has more in common with Sekiro than traditional Dark Souls.

3 hours ago, atom631 said:

I haven’t gotten an email from BB yet. What else did the pre order come with? 

orange lightsaber, a skin for the robot, a skin for the ship, and a couple of other cosmetic overlays for the saber. If you didn't get your code you may have to contact them, that's what I had to do. Apparently BB screwed the pooch with this rollout as a ton of people who preodered digital copies haven't gotten codes yet the game itself. follow these instructions, not sure if you'll need to create a forum id or not.

39 minutes ago, skillzdadirecta said:

I beat it fairly early. They key is to not get too greedy... dodge, hit it once or twice, then dodge. I don't block a lot in this game preferring to stay on the move. None of the bosses I've faced have been too tough so far. I think beating Dark Souls recently and playing Dark Souls 2 up until this coming out probably helped me a lot. Like the video I posted states, from a combat perspective this game has more in common with Sekiro than traditional Dark Souls.

The tomb guardians have a very dark souls look to them IMO

As much as I enjoy the combat, I think I might actually play in story mode for the rest...while the combat is fun and beautiful, the type of combat itself is not fun (in the sense that it's just memorizing patterns). I prefer skill-based combat to be more around the entire fight, like positioning beforehand, sneaking, good aiming/movement. Basically more FPS-style stuff. But I like the game as a whole!

7 minutes ago, EternallDarkness said:

well I was glad I went back to the original planet...managed to pick up 

Reveal hidden contents

then headed for the wookie home world and,,,,WTH...how is 

Reveal hidden contents

Spoiler

Game takes place before Rogue One... Saw Guerra is younger and doesn't have as many cybernetic parts as he does in Rogue One which takes place ten or eleven years after this.

1 minute ago, skillzdadirecta said:

Reveal hidden contents

Doh! :doh:I knew that, and yet while I was playing today I was thinking the game took place after the fall of the empire but before the rise of the first order....but that would be the mandalorian...too much star wars lately, lol. 

• Haha 2

2 hours ago, legend said:

I just uninstalled after being maybe 2/3rd through. Lots to like about this game *except* the enemy design which is atrociously lazy and unfortunately is too major an aspect of the game to mess up. This game thinks the way to make it harder is to make enemies more of a light saber sponge with more frequent and longer uninterruptible and unblockable moves. That is literally the most boring way to make enemies harder and really detracts from the idea of being a Jedi with a fucking light saber.

What difficulty are you playing on because I'm probably about the same length through as you and I haven't had that experience. Most enemies still go down pretty quickly if you parry them or break their stamina.  I'm playing on the next to hardest difficulty and I haven't really found many spongy enemies. It's not a hack and slash. You have to break enemies down before you beat them. 

2 hours ago, EternallDarkness said:

orange lightsaber, a skin for the robot, a skin for the ship, and a couple of other cosmetic overlays for the saber. If you didn't get your code you may have to contact them, that's what I had to do. Apparently BB screwed the pooch with this rollout as a ton of people who preodered digital copies haven't gotten codes yet the game itself. follow these instructions, not sure if you'll need to create a forum id or not.

Thanks. I just sent them a message. 

8 minutes ago, Firewithin said:

not sure if anybody know but is there a point of no return in this?  or will we be able to explore past planets after the game?

I do not have the game, but I was listening to Austin Walker talk about it and he said get all your force powers before you go to search all the hidden stuff around the planets. 

So at the very least there's an opportunity before the end to explore. 

So I’m past 

Spoiler

Kashyyyk, at least the first part  went back to zeffo and just got into the venator wreck. I stopped and fought the rabid jotaz first. That was a fun fight.

I’m feeling like I’ve been playing for at least 10hrs and I’m barely at the halfway point, maybe. 

game is damn good. I’m really enjoying it. 

5 hours ago, legend said:

What planet were you on when you felt this way?

I just want back to 

Spoiler

Kashyyyk

and I haven’t felt enemies have gotten too spongey. Nobody really melts in front of a lightsaber the way the lore would suggest I guess, but a game has to be a game. :p

Kidding aside I haven’t felt that the game is throwing more / longer unblockable stuff at me. I was playing on Jedi Grand Master for about half my time but the loading was breaking my balls so I bumped it to Jedi Master and that’s been fine. 

I just found another named boss on the first world that I didn't see earlier so it's definitely worth going back and revisiting these worlds.

4 minutes ago, Kal-El814 said:

I just want back to 

Reveal hidden contents

and I haven’t felt enemies have gotten too spongey. Nobody really melts in front of a lightsaber the way the lore would suggest I guess, but a game has to be a game. :p

Kidding aside I haven’t felt that the game is throwing more / longer unblockable stuff at me. I was playing on Jedi Grand Master for about half my time but the loading was breaking my balls so I bumped it to Jedi Master and that’s been fine. 

I'm a little further than you and I haven't felt that enemies are spongy either. They've actually gotten easier to deal with as I've upgraded my skills and gotten better at the game.

The input delay on this game is fucking ridiculous. You can, as a Jedi, only do one thing at a time, and you have to wait for an action to complete 100% of the way before doing anything else. Want to Force push while blocking? Nope. Want to use a stim while evading? Nope. You literally have to be standing still to use a stim. Kinda difficult to stand in place while mid fight. 

The control jank is making me want to switch to Story mode. 

3 hours ago, JPDunks4 said:

I'm pretty sure I use stims sprinting and dodging around pretty often.  I've never had an issue getting heals off.

I use stims while moving all the time... just got my sixth stem which is starting to feel a little O.P. to be honest. I just beat THREE of those big frog bitches at once. Is this really the first Souls-like game a lot of folks have played? it's not even that hard.

Yeah I'm with JPDunks on this one. I specifically remember using a stim while backdodging last night because I thought it was neat that the animation seemed to account for it. And you CERTAINLY don't have to be standing still. Which platform are you guys having trouble healing while in combat? You can activate your force push while blocking, it'll interrupt the block of course but you don't have to let go of the button or wait for some long animation or anything, and it'll go right back up to blocking if you continue holding the button. Not quite blocking-while-casting but certainly not anything unusual.

EDIT: Actually getting a heal off after the dodge has begun isn't possible, but you can activate it and THEN dodge and it'll continue the animation while dodging.

36 minutes ago, skillzdadirecta said:

I just found another named boss on the first world that I didn't see earlier so it's definitely worth going back and revisiting these worlds.

im assuming you have double jump unlocked? I went back and there was a bunch of areas I still couldn’t get to bc I couldn’t make the jump. It was still worth it for the 2 extra stim packs though. 

8 minutes ago, Xbob42 said:

Yeah I'm with JPDunks on this one. I specifically remember using a stim while backdodging last night because I thought it was neat that the animation seemed to account for it. And you CERTAINLY don't have to be standing still. Which platform are you guys having trouble healing while in combat?

it's not a platform thing because while you guys are playing on P.C. I'm playing on X1X. The only thing I had to get used to was that dodging in this game isn't as effective as it is in the souls games as you get less invincibility frames and the enemies track you more so timing is less forgiving.

7 minutes ago, atom631 said:

im assuming you have double jump unlocked? I went back and there was a bunch of areas I still couldn’t get to bc I couldn’t make the jump. It was still worth it for the 2 extra stim packs though. 

Yeah I have it unlocked. Very useful in combat too.

Can I just say I love that when enemies, especially big ones, die in this game, that their rag roll functions as terrain, so you stand on them correctly and kick them around and they have a real weight to them? You don't just fling them around like they're made of Styrofoam, Dark Souls style. It's a small detail, but I appreciate it so much because it lends real weight, both types of weight, to the enemies you're fighting.

1 hour ago, Kal-El814 said:

I just want back to 

Hide contents

Kashyyyk

Got to the 

Spoiler

Escape level arena. 

I was playing on Jedi master FWIW and I had been feeling that way for a while. I didn't have too much trouble getting through the bosses and areas but was decreasingly enjoying my time every time they introduced a new enemy. The Jedi fights felt tedious instead of intense, which are quite rare (only twice where I was) but kind of illustrates I how felt in general. 

The game was most fun IMO when fighting mobs rather than fewer sponges. 

8 hours ago, skillzdadirecta said:

They would use them rarely... Obi-Wan used one against General Grevious in Revenge of The Sith. The main reason that Jedi don't typically use blasters is because they are primarily offensive weapons and the Jedi don't believe in initiating aggression. Luke stopped using them once he became a full Jedi and I don't recall too many active Jedi who used both Blasters and LightSabers. I'm sure there were some but the vast majority didn't.

Also, in the very first movie Obi-Wan said that lightsabers weren't "as clumsy or random as a blaster. An elegant weapon for a more civilized age."

Regarding the game: I am absolutely loving it. Can't get enough. I'm only on the second world (the first one you choose) and I'm obsessed with exploring every nook and cranny so I'm probably going slower than most of you. I love the combat. I love the puzzles. I love the imagery and score. The game is beautiful. Love it.

There's been 2 points so far where I was "stuck" due to the puzzles.  Only thing that bugged me was i wasnt sure if I was missing a skill or I was just missing something with the puzzle.  

Once I figured them out though its always, how did I not realize this earlier.  They aren't hard puzzles, but enough to make you think. 

Also, I want a BD-1 Droid to decorate my gaming room with.  I love that little guy.