56 minutes ago, JPDunks4 said:

There's been 2 points so far where I was "stuck" due to the puzzles.  Only thing that bugged me was i wasnt sure if I was missing a skill or I was just missing something with the puzzle.  

Once I figured them out though its always, how did I not realize this earlier.  They aren't hard puzzles, but enough to make you think. 

Also, I want a BD-1 Droid to decorate my gaming room with.  I love that little guy.

You can get one on Etsy for only 220 bucks...or I am sure Disney will be selling one before too long. 

18 hours ago, EternallDarkness said:

orange lightsaber, a skin for the robot, a skin for the ship, and a couple of other cosmetic overlays for the saber. If you didn't get your code you may have to contact them, that's what I had to do. Apparently BB screwed the pooch with this rollout as a ton of people who preodered digital copies haven't gotten codes yet the game itself. follow these instructions, not sure if you'll need to create a forum id or not.

Thanks again. Got a private message this am with my code. :dancing:

I'm just wondering what enemies some of you are fighting that are spongy? I'm on the hardest difficulty and even the named bosses go down pretty quickly so long as you're not just swinging at their defenses and are actually engaging with the parry mechanics and strong attacks. If you're going up against an enemy and it's continually kicking your ass or even just annoying you, then you're probably engaging it with the wrong moves or approach.

One of the lightsaber wielding bosses did engage in a lot of unblockable attacks, thinking back on it. There’s ways to get around it, though, and scoring hits does do a reasonable amount of damage.

Honestly the only real beef I have with the game, other than load times, is that the camera is occasionally keeps pretty bad pace with the action. I don’t love the angle you get when you’re locked on, maybe if that was slightly more askew I could work with it better.

One annoying thing about combat is that the lag between performing an action and seeing it occur is so long due to being unable to interrupt certain actions. I'd much prefer the mechanics of a quick fighting game where you can easily switch up actions (2-3 per second) if needed. I know that this type of game is designed around slow combat and predicting what is happening...but imo it's a bad system with (some considered to be) an unnatural and artificial handicap built in.

1 hour ago, CitizenVectron said:

One annoying thing about combat is that the lag between performing an action and seeing it occur is so long due to being unable to interrupt certain actions. I'd much prefer the mechanics of a quick fighting game where you can easily switch up actions (2-3 per second) if needed. I know that this type of game is designed around slow combat and predicting what is happening...but imo it's a bad system with (some considered to be) an unnatural and artificial handicap built in.

What do you mean by this? 

EDIT - mashed too quickly... seems like you’re describing input lag, but I don’t think this game has that?

2 hours ago, Kal-El814 said:

One of the lightsaber wielding bosses did engage in a lot of unblockable attacks, thinking back on it. There’s ways to get around it, though, and scoring hits does do a reasonable amount of damage.

Honestly the only real beef I have with the game, other than load times, is that the camera is occasionally keeps pretty bad pace with the action. I don’t love the angle you get when you’re locked on, maybe if that was slightly more askew I could work with it better.

If an attack is unblockable then you can probably dodge it or interrupt it. I fought a boss last night that gave me a couple of problems with some attacks that I had trouble dodging until I realized I was timing my jumps wrong. Once I got that down, the boss went down pretty quickly as most of the bosses in this game do. The camera CAN be a problem though especially if you're in a tight space and up against a wall. I've had a few instances where I just couldn't see anything... this has happened a couple of times on Dathomir. The other issue I have is switching the target lock from one character to another isn't as responsive as I'd like sometimes.

2 hours ago, Kal-El814 said:

What do you mean by this? 

EDIT - mashed too quickly... seems like you’re describing input lag, but I don’t think this game has that?

Once you start an action (say, a swing of the lightsaber), you can't cancel it by pressing block half-way through the animation, you need to wait until you are finished. This feels slow compared to faster-paced games, so I could see how someone not used to it would find combat tough.

8 hours ago, Xbob42 said:

I'm just wondering what enemies some of you are fighting that are spongy? I'm on the hardest difficulty and even the named bosses go down pretty quickly so long as you're not just swinging at their defenses and are actually engaging with the parry mechanics and strong attacks. If you're going up against an enemy and it's continually kicking your ass or even just annoying you, then you're probably engaging it with the wrong moves or approach.

You can start with the first optional boss frog like thing. There's also the security droids, or the black armored soldiers or some of the other bigger animals you face.

Those all require beating up on them often times while they are unresponsive to your hits. That's the definition of spongy.

The issue was never getting my ass kicked. I didn't die all that many times in my play through. It's that I found the combat tedious.

(And really, it wasn't the combat per-se. The core controls and actions seemed pretty cool. It was the enemy design and how they reacted to it. It's why I think it was most fun when facing larger mobs of the less spongy enemies)

7 minutes ago, legend said:

You can start with the first optional boss frog like thing. There's also the security droids, or the black armored soldiers or some of the other bigger animals you face.

Those all require beating up on them often times while they are unresponsive to your hits. That's the definition of spongy.

The optional boss frog thing is super weak to being slowed. In fact, just about everything is. You pop a slow and get into position and you get a free hit most of the time.

The black armored soldiers are EXTREMELY vulnerable during their combos, especially their unblockable stuff, if you see them flash red you can get a hit in before their attack goes off and it takes off half their HP. Again, super easy with slow. If by security droid you mean the giant golden walking things in the temple, you can just pop a force push any time they have their core cage open and it knocks the core out, then you just destroy them until it's back in. Shouldn't take more than two of those cycles. If you mean the little floating droids you just reflect their shots back and after two reflects they get ready to explode, so you pop a slow and hit them or just dodge out of the way.

I'm not super late or anything, but I've fought multiple named bosses and while they can kill my ass in one hit (depending on the attack) I wouldn't describe a single enemy I've faced in the game as spongy. Spongy is when you're just wailing away at something and it takes forever to kill, not just having to attack it like 3-5 times. Even the bosses go down in maybe 5-7 strong hit combos, although they'll take quite a few more hits than standard enemies, obviously. I know lightsabers are super powerful and everything but they still have a video game to make. 

1 minute ago, Xbob42 said:

The optional boss frog thing is super weak to being slowed. In fact, just about everything is. You pop a slow and get into position and you get a free hit most of the time.

The black armored soldiers are EXTREMELY vulnerable during their combos, especially their unblockable stuff, if you see them flash red you can get a hit in before their attack goes off and it takes off half their HP. Again, super easy with slow.

Slow being a valid strategy doesn't make the enemies not spongy. Again, the issue isn't that I was having a hard time. 

1 minute ago, Xbob42 said:

If by security droid you mean the giant golden walking things in the temple, you can just pop a force push any time they have their core cage open and it knocks the core out, then you just destroy them until it's back in. Shouldn't take more than two of those cycles. If you mean the little floating droids you just reflect their shots back and after two reflects they get ready to explode, so you pop a slow and hit them or just dodge out of the way.

No, I meant the black bipedal droids. The ones that constantly spam grab moves on you.

1 hour ago, Biggie said:

Legend has run the numbers. Game isn’t good. 

I do think there is a lot of stuff they did right in the game and I can see liking it for those reasons. But I think the enemy design is pretty mediocre and is too much a part of the game for me to get over. Ultimately, I'd rather put my time elsewhere.

Maybe they nail it in a sequel though?

1 hour ago, legend said:

No, I meant the black bipedal droids. The ones that constantly spam grab moves on you.

You get far enough in the game and you will be wrecking these guys with ease too... I just had an encounter with like 7 of these guys and just melted them. You grow more powerful as the game goes on. There's one ability that you get that is almost a one hit kill on these droids in particular. 

4 minutes ago, skillzdadirecta said:

You get far enough in the game and you will be wrecking these guys with ease too... I just had an encounter with like 7 of these guys and just melted them. You grow lore powerful as the game goes on. There's one ability that you get that is almost a one hit kill on these droids in particular. 

I don't really want to steam roll them though (that's why I put it a notch up on Jedi master to begin with), I just want the combat encounters to be entertaining :p Difficulty by sponginess and unblockable attack frequency isn't that though.

4 hours ago, EternallDarkness said:

well I tracked down the 

Reveal hidden contents

It's better for crowd control.

1 minute ago, legend said:

I don't really want to steam roll them though (that's why I put it a notch up on Jedi master to begin with), I just want the combat encounters to be entertaining :p 

Different strokes :shrug:

• Like 1

I've only played the first Dark Souls game, but I can't really imagine how this game feels anymore spongy than those games.  No individual enemy takes many actual hits.  Even playing on Grandmaster, I've felt pretty OP for awhile now. 

Spoiler

There are also Skills that become available that straight up just make your Saber more powerful and do more damage.  You can break enemy blocks in 2 swings which drastically simplifies the combat.

I've been enjoying this game way more than I anticipated though.  I'm not much of a Star Wars fan, but playing this has made me want to rewatch the movies.  The exploration I feel is way better than the Tomb Raider series, and the puzzles are just the right difficulty to make you think but not drive you crazy.  

Then if you do like to collect things, I like how it breaks down each section of the map to let you know how many chests/secrets/scan-able items there are in each section.  I'm 99% done on Kashyyk, and that 1 last echo or whatever it is I'm missing is driving me crazy though.  

I hope they support this game with DLC's, I think it'll sell well enough to warrant it.  It's the type of game I don't really want to end right now.

okay so I raised the spire or whatever and was on my way back...minor gripe that find your on these maps is kind a bit of pain in the butt, lol....but my question is

Spoiler

I assume you can't beat the bounty hunter? I was trashing him and almost had him when the screen went kind of crazy and he was flipping around like a kite caught in a hurricane..and then he wrapped up and I reawakened in the prison cell. I imagine it's all a part of the story but just wondered if he was beatable.