Bought another monitor and having an issue (haloing)

So I've had my first copy of this monitor for almost a year now and have loved it ever setting it up. I decided to get a second and throw them on a two arm stand but the second monitor is having a halo effect to text. It's most noticeable with white text on black background but you can see it in black on white too. It's like I need to run the windows font tool where you select the best looking square but when I use this it doesn't change the halo appearance. Never had to return a monitor so I was hoping that there are some troubleshooting options? Unplugged, restarted, reinstalled display drivers, played with advanced appearance settings.

Good

48022075688_1a30b70a2c_h.jpg%5D

Bad

48022156882_a469e60e0f_h.jpg

Good

48022152537_09d9b1d3e5_h.jpg

Bad

48022152557_1d179b10a7_h.jpg

I really can't tell the problem you are describing from my end.  The text looks similar.  I do notice a difference in contrast/brightness between the overall pictures you posted and there is obvious compression with the jpg format, but I don't see any other issues.  Perhaps try uploading a higher res image, and if your phone has the option to save it in PNG format instead of jpg.

One thing to note is that even monitors of the same model will vary in quality, and to get them looking the same you'll have to use the OSD to adjust the settings.

Ahhhhhh, I can see it now.  I swear I didn't see any blue hue at all the first time.

I'd go through the calibration process, Windows has a built-in one.  Look up other users' settings, make sure everything is the same for both monitors..  Perhaps swap cables and video ports on the video card to make rule out that difference. 

But I think you will need to return the panel because it's a dud.

• 3 weeks later...