I just ate my very first cheeseburger(Son of Baconator). AMA. Maybe I'll respond.

Bacon

2 minutes ago, CastlevaniaNut18 said:

This is just bonkers to me and I grew up in shitty, rural area and my family wasn't rich. 

WV sounds terrible. 

There are nicer places. Just costs too much. 

Just now, Bacon said:

I also don't have the money. Maybe Prime Rib isn't costly, but I have no desire to pay more than $10 for a meal. The only time I spend more than $10 is when I get my favorite pizza. That pizza use to be only 8 bucks, and now it is 16. 

Wrong. Prime Rib has the word Rib in it but is nothing like BBQ ribs, Steak Fried in a Skillet is noting like breaded or battered chicken fried in a deep fryer. 

Yeah, these two things are absolutely nothing alike. And I don't know how they do BBQ ribs in WV, but around here they're almost always pork. 

I kinda feel bad for you. 

And I don't know how they do BBQ ribs in WV, but around here they're almost always pork. 

Yes, they are pork. There was a Dickey's here for a few years before they closed down. 

Yeah, these two things are absolutely nothing alike.

And neither are fried streak and fried chicken. 

Just now, CastlevaniaNut18 said:

Prime rib comes from a cow. BBQ ribs are generally from pig. 

That's why I made the steak and chicken comparison, good lord. 

I know why you said it. The reason I said what I said was because Prime Rib and BBQ Ribs both have the word in it and are nothing alike. Just like how Fried Steak and Fried Chicken are nothing alike. You first said, that is like saying I have had steak, but not chicken. But you also needed matching words as well. I mean you don't, I was just being facetious.

7 minutes ago, CastlevaniaNut18 said:

I kinda feel bad for you. 

At this point, unless people are paying for me to try things I have never had then I just won't be having any of that. 

3 minutes ago, CastlevaniaNut18 said:

I enjoy both, but I'll take the steak any day. 

I am also not a huge fan of Beef. I don't really like steak unless it is heavily seasoned so you don't taste the beefiness. And on the rare occasions I have had steak I have it well done. 

Just now, Jose said:

Well the topic at hand was food snobbery good sir.

Dude spends half of his Netflix show extolling the virtues of Domino's. I'm not hating - the esteem with which I hold proletarian food is well recorded - but let's not act like a chef's opinion is a rubber stamp.

Just now, Chris- said:

Dude spends half of his Netflix show extolling the virtues of Domino's. I'm not hating - the esteem with which I hold proletarian food is well recorded - but let's not act like a chef's opinion is a rubber stamp.

Haha he also waits an hour on line to get a Lucali's pizza. He's just trying to explain that sometimes you want easy and cheap shitty food. A point that I feel you would agree with more than me. He's not trying to say it's on the level of Lucali or some shit.

Just now, CastlevaniaNut18 said:

I'm just not much of a cheese person. 

But growing up with shitty American cheese, no thanks. 

I'm not talking about Kraft Singles. Go to your deli and get Boar's Head.

11 hours ago, Chris- said:

This is misleading.

Chang is incredibly honest about what he likes and why. He has deep nostalgia for Dominoes pizza and he talks about how that’s why he loves it so much. He is still an expert about what fancy pizza does better, how it might “technically” taste better, and he is better than anyone here at analyzing such things, but he’s honest enough to discuss how that can get thrown out the window when there are other factors involved (aka he had dominoes a lot as a kid and it hits the spot for him). 

As for the Bud Light - go ask any good brewer and they’ll tell you maybe bud light isn’t their favorite beer, but that it’s sort of an incredible feat. Pilsners have the least room for error to taste even ok than any other type of beer, and they’ll tell you it’s incredible that Bud Light can make it taste the same in the scale they do it. 

19 hours ago, CastlevaniaNut18 said:

Prime rib comes from a cow. BBQ ribs are generally from pig. 

That's why I made the steak and chicken comparison, good lord. 

Beef ribs should basically be what you'd get from the bone of a bone-in prime rib, IIRC. Agree he's probably only ever had pork ribs doe. 

2 minutes ago, Jason said:

Beef rib should basically be what you'd get from the bone of a bone-in prime rib, IIRC. Agree he's probably only ever had pork ribs doe. 

I'm not sure because I'm not super familiar with the different cuts. 

I've had ribs of all kinds and I actually really like beef ribs.

19 hours ago, Bacon said:

I also don't have the money. Maybe Prime Rib isn't costly, but I have no desire to pay more than $10 for a meal. The only time I spend more than $10 is when I get my favorite pizza. That pizza use to be only 8 bucks, and now it is 16. 

Wrong. Prime Rib has the word Rib in it but is nothing like BBQ ribs, Steak Fried in a Skillet is noting like breaded or battered chicken fried in a deep fryer. 

My favorite pizza costs about $40 total for delivery.