Elder Scrolls 6 is designed "for people to play for a decade at least" says Todd Howard

SaysWho?

When people see Elder Scrolls 6 they'll understand why it took so long, Todd Howard says

"They want a certain type of experience that is very, um, it's what we've done," Howard said. "You can pick up this water bottle, you can do X, Y, and Z. Things that we love. The gap in between is obviously going to be long, it already is. On one hand, I think it's good to miss things. I think that makes people come to it with really fresh eyes. And I think when they eventually see the game and what we have in mind, they'll understand the gap more in terms of technology and what we want it to do.

"The one thing [the gap] does is people are still playing Skyrim, it's still one of the best-selling games. I know people joke about it online, but it's one of the best-selling games on Switch. Anything we put it out on, it becomes a hit game. And they love it, they still play it, it's almost infinitely playable, all of the mods and everything like that. And we're 8 years post-Skyrim. It lets us know going into Elder Scrolls 6 that this is a game we need to design for people to play for a decade at least, at least."

The interview:

6 hours ago, DPCyric said:

He certainly misspoke what he meant to say was Elder Scrolls 6 is designed to be sold on every platform you own for a decade.

By the time the game releases I think what you are talking about will be a thing of the past.  You will buy the game on the streaming service of your choice and be able to play it on any device anywhere.

• Guillotine 1

4 minutes ago, skillzdadirecta said:

I really hope they update the 1st person melee combat and the next game and add some weight to it. If it wasn't for the barely their combat, I'd STILL be creating new characters and playing Skyrim. 

Whenever Bethesda thinks about changing/improving anything about their games, they look at the number of units Skyrim and Fallout 4 have sold and then say to themselves, "Nah - don't fix what ain't broke!"

12 hours ago, SFLUFAN said:

Whenever Bethesda thinks about changing/improving anything about their games, they look at the number of units Skyrim and Fallout 4 have sold and then say to themselves, "Nah - don't fix what ain't broke!"

They also don’t fix what is broke. Really their mantra just seems to be “nah-don’t fix anything”