Sign in to follow this  
Pikachu

General Gaming Darksiders: Genesis (Diablo-like ARPG) - Information Thread, update: "Introducing War" trailer

Take a look at the first teaser for the top-down, Diablo-style action-RPG spinoff, which introduces a new horseman, Strife.

From the dawn of creation, The Council has maintained the Balance across existence. Carrying out their orders are The Horsemen, Nephilim (powerful beings spawned from the unnatural union of angels and demons) who have pledged themselves to the Council and been granted immense power. However, this power came at a tragic cost: the Horsemen were ordered to use their newfound strength to wipe out the rest of their kind. What followed was a bloody battle on Eden where the Horsemen, obeying the will of the Council, annihilated the Nephilim. Still reeling from the events on Eden, War and Strife have been given a new assignment—Lucifer, the enigmatic and deceptive demon king, has been plotting to upset the Balance by granting power to master demons throughout Hell. War and Strife must hunt down these masters, gather information, and ultimately fight their way through a tangled, demonic conspiracy that threatens to forever upset the Balance and unravel all of creation. Darksiders: Genesis is an action/adventure that tears its way through hordes of demons, angels, and everything in-between on its way to Hell and back with guns blazing and swords swinging. Genesis gives players their first look at the world of Darksiders before the events of the original game, as well as introduces the horseman Strife.

• War and Strife have been given a new assignment.
  • Lucifer has been plotting to grant power to master demons throughout Hell.
  • War and Strife must hunt down these masters.
  • Fight your way through a tangled, demonic conspiracy that threatens to forever upset the Balance and unravel all of creation.

@SFLUFAN will definitely be gifting this game so that he actually has people to co-op with.

'Darksiders Genesis' is more than a Diablo-like dungeon crawler (Engadget)

Darksiders Genesis introduces Strife as the fourth Horseman and primary protagonist, though players can instantly swap between him and War throughout the game to take advantage of their relative combat advantages. Strife relies on firearms while War fights with his sword, Chaos Eater. Together, the Horsemen of the Apocalypse must unravel a tangled web of demonic intrigue to prevent Lucifer (yes, that one) from upsetting the balance of good and evil and destroying the world. You know, just a normal Tuesday in Hell.

I like the look of it but god damn do people actually give a shit about the Darksiders brand? I would prefer it was just a new OP. 

7 hours ago, Paperclyp said:

I like the look of it but god damn do people actually give a shit about the Darksiders brand? I would prefer it was just a new OP. 

I sure as hell do!

And enough people did to make Darksiders III break even within the first week of its release with its commercial performance on Steam alone.

4 hours ago, SFLUFAN said:

I sure as hell do!

And enough people did to make Darksiders III break even within the first week of its release with its commercial performance on Steam alone.

Hmmm ok well whatever. I do think it looks fun. 

On 9/5/2019 at 10:54 PM, Paperclyp said:

I liked the first two games a lot but couldn't be bothered to care about the third one. This however looks a lot more exciting than Darksiders III did!

2 hours ago, DPCyric said:

I liked the first two games a lot but couldn't be bothered to care about the third one. This however looks a lot more exciting than Darksiders III did!

Darksiders III is actually the best in the series so far :p