GreedFall OT (Update: 1m sold!)

Pikachu

GreedFall’s Story Trailer is here: forge your destiny in a mysterious new world

GreedFall, the latest RPG from Spiders, invites you to explore the magical island of Teer Fradee in its E3 Story Trailer. Emphasizing freedom and player choice, forge your own destiny when GreedFall releases in September 2019 on PlayStation 4, Xbox One and PC.

Today’s trailer dives into GreedFall’s epic story and setting, as settlers, mercenaries and treasure hunters depart the old continent to converge on a remote island seeping with magic – rumored to be filled with riches and lost secrets. On the hunt for a cure to save your home continent from a devastating disease, you find yourself in the middle of ever-increasing tensions between the invading settlers and the local natives protected by supernatural Guardians, manifestation of the island’s magic.

You can progress and succeed in quests through a multitude of paths. Whether utilizing combat, diplomacy or deception, the way you reach your objectives depends on your choices and how you choose to develop your character. The island of GreedFall is a living, ever-evolving world. Your actions, from seemingly trivial choices to the most important political decisions, will influence its course and, ultimately, shape your story.

GreedFall releases September 2019 on PlayStation 4, Xbox One and PC. Steam page and wishlist option are now live! 

13 minutes ago, TwinIon said:

Were any of their other games any good?

I liked Bound by Flame. I guess, as @SFLUFAN would say:

On 5/26/2019 at 5:06 PM, SFLUFAN said:

Define "good".

I think Bound by Flame was good for what it was and for the price. It is Eurojank to the core but still good. I think I gave a 7/10, but that is a really good 7/10. The game doesn't really have many flaws, but it is certainly a bit on the lacking side.

12 hours ago, skillzdadirecta said:

Any game play?

So did I...never finished it though.

You're probably the only one worse than me when it comes to buying games and not finishing them....or playing them at all, lol

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Upcoming Exploration RPG Greedfall Has My Attention (Kotaku)

Greedfall proved immediately gorgeous to look at. Butler started the demo in a small swampland, where beams of light pierced through gnarled branches. Distant forest trees held sage-colored leaves dotted with faded hues. Teer Fradee felt real, as if I could tell what angle my foot would take stepping on a rock. As Butler gave a brief overview of the area, he mentioned that Spider’s CEO Jeanne Rousseau, the main writer on the game, found herself inspired by Baroque art and Flemish paintings. She also found inspiration in the historical accounts of various explorers and naturalists. Greedfall’s world design held a specific ethos: to evoke awe and wonder. What I saw, limited as it was, touched upon those feelings. It was a place I wanted to poke at and whose nooks and crannies held promise.

On 8/20/2019 at 2:54 AM, skillzdadirecta said:

Looking forward to this... I need to go back and beat Bound By Flame at some point.

No, you don't. I just went and reinstalled the game and it is far worse than I remember. There are  5 party members and you can only have one active at a time. The combat is just awful, and there is an over use of the crafting system for mundane things. All the endings are lame as fuck. As you play there is this constant feeling like the game wasn't even halfway finished and yet they still released it. I am not sure what I liked about the game when it came out now that I have tried playing it again. Maybe I was hungry for this type of game back then? Idk. I mean, it really isn't god awful or anything, but I will not be finishing this playthru I started.

2 minutes ago, Bacon said:

No, you don't. I just went and reinstalled the game and it is far worse than I remember. There are  5 party members and you can only have one active at a time. The combat is just awful, and there is an over use of the crafting system for mundane things. All the endings are lame as fuck. As you play there is this constant feeling like the game wasn't even halfway finished and yet they still released it. I am not sure what I liked about the game when it came out now that I have tried playing it again. Maybe I was hungry for this type of game back then? Idk. I mean, it really isn't god awful or anything, but I will not be finishing this playthru I started.

I remember a lot of people were hyped for The Witcher 3 and this was a game that tied them over... at least this is why I bought it :p I don't remember how far I got before I stopped playing.

On 8/19/2019 at 6:20 PM, Mercury33 said:

Huh, learn something new everyday. I always assumed it was some kind of negative term. 

It's more of a neutral term than anything. Eurojank in a bad game just makes it worse! But somehow in a good game it adds to the charm. To a degree. Don't wanna go overboard, sometimes it just holds a potentially incredible game back.

12 hours ago, Bacon said:

I don't think this game will be much better than BbF, tbh, but that isn't bad IMO. What this studio needs is a bigger audience and then I see the games getting better.

I remember I was a little disappointed in Bound by Flame, but I still finished it, which is rare for me as I'm not a guy who finishes a ton of games. It wasn't great, but the story had something that kept me entertained, and it wasn't terribly long. Wouldn't recommend going back to it since it probably aged in a way that makes it even worse than it was, but I also don't regret playing it!

I recall thinking the first act is the worst part of the game, and it probably is, but I also loaded up my end game save and I really felt no different playing than playing the start of the game, at least combat wise. You constantly dodge or parry and then the game goes into slow-mo for some free shit and you can do this with every type of move. Giant Magical Ice AoE? Yeah you can dodge or parry that shit and you won't take damage as long as it is perfect, and that isn't hard to do. Magic is total shit. Fireball, Firewall, Fireshield, and Fireweapon. No point in using wall or shield as long as you can dodge and block well enough. Then, when it comes to weapons, there are 3 heavy weapon types, and 1 light weapon type, daggers. There is also a Heavy Weapon skill tree and a Light Weapon skill tree. You are basically better off sticking to one skill tree. So, you either just use daggers or heavy weapons. Daggers are far better as you can only dodge and sneak with daggers. Dodge is more forgiving than Parrying as even if it isn't a perfect dodge, it is still a dodge. There is also a Magic skill tree, but that is only good for buffing the the good fire spells. Oh, and all of the heavy weapon types are basically all the same. Big sword, big axe, big hammer. Swords are faster than axes, which are faster than hammers. Axes get the most crit% and hammers the most stun%. They all swing the same outside of their speed. Even with swords being 75% swing speed and hammers being 0% swing speed, there isn't a huge difference, at least at lower levels where the percents are lower, so I just went for more speed. 

On ‎8‎/‎19‎/‎2019 at 7:33 PM, Bacon said:

The only thing I have seen that I have disliked is the Main character. He looks and sounds like a fucking bitch, just like the DA:I human protag.

It seems like in most games that give you the option to choose between a male and female protagonist (you can choose the gender of your character in GreedFall) the male character is usually somewhat douche-y, so I almost always choose the female character when given the option.

On ‎8‎/‎22‎/‎2019 at 10:13 AM, Bacon said:

I don't think this game will be much better than BbF, tbh, but that isn't bad IMO. What this studio needs is a bigger audience and then I see the games getting better.

The Technomancer was a big improvement over Bound by Flame, and this looks like a big improvement over that. I think that this might be the game that finally puts the developer (Spiders) on the map.

On ‎8‎/‎22‎/‎2019 at 9:49 PM, Bacon said:

As you play there is this constant feeling like the game wasn't even halfway finished and yet they still released it.

From a content standpoint Bound by Flame feels like one of the most incomplete games that I've played, it feels like you start the game at the halfway point. It's like they made a few levels and then ran out of their development budget, so they went ahead and released it without including half of the content that they originally planned for it. That was my biggest complaint with it as I found everything else about it rather competent for a lower budget action RPG.

5 hours ago, Phaseknox said:

It seems like in most games that give you the option to choose between a male and female protagonist (you can choose the gender of your character in GreedFall) the male character is usually somewhat douche-y, so I almost always choose the female character when given the option.

The Technomancer was a big improvement over Bound by Flame, and this looks like a big improvement over that. I think that this might be the game that finally puts the developer (Spiders) on the map.

From a content standpoint Bound by Flame feels like one of the most incomplete games that I've played, it feels like you start the game at the halfway point. It's like they made a few levels and then ran out of their development budget, so they went ahead and released it without including half of the content that they originally planned for it. That was my biggest complaint with it as I found everything else about it rather competent for a lower budget action RPG.

I think I missed Technomancer.