SpongeBob SquarePants: Battle for Bikini Bottom - Rehydrated - Information Thread (Launching 06/23/20)

Pikachu

Are you ready, kids? The cult classic is back, faithfully remade in spongetastic splendor! Play as SpongeBob, Patrick and Sandy and show the evil Plankton that crime pays even less than Mr. Krabs. Want to save Bikini Bottom from lots of rampant robots? Of course you do! Want to underpants bungee jump? Why wouldn't you! Want to join forces in a brand new multiplayer mode? The battle is on!

• 4 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...
1 hour ago, gamer.tv said:

There’s a company that need to get there hands on Simpson’s Hit and Run and do the exact same thing with that

i never understood why they didnt build on its success.. its GTA simpsons (schewing very much towards driving)...

they add a more refined on foot mechanics plus a little Simpsons Road Rage minigame

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 1 year later...
On 6/23/2020 at 6:39 AM, ManUtdRedDevils said:

Seems like reviewers can only use the full scale on Nickelodeon licensed games. 

So you play this? It finally went on sale for $20 on switch I saw so I picked it up last night and it seems like really fucking good?!

Just now, ManUtdRedDevils said:

How’s the frame rate?

Surprisingly pretty good. I want to say unlocked 50-60 usually? Total guess though. They could have capped at 30 but at least on handheld this probably looks better to me.

Fake edit: I looked it up and I saw a video showing 40-60 for it so I was close, this was before some patches though and it does feel better to me than hitting 40s most of the time 

On 12/29/2021 at 2:38 PM, stepee said:

It seems very Mario 64 and holy crap it looks excellent on the oled! They did a fantastic job with this, since I didn’t play the original this just feels new.

Booted it up tonight and it’s quite fun! It’s type of game that isn’t made anymore so it’s refreshing to play it. The devs did a great job of using the license and the writing has been pretty good so far. My only complaint on the Switch is the loading. 

• Like 1

13 hours ago, ManUtdRedDevils said:

Booted it up tonight and it’s quite fun! It’s type of game that isn’t made anymore so it’s refreshing to play it. The devs did a great job of using the license and the writing has been pretty good so far. My only complaint on the Switch is the loading. 

Yeah the loading suckkkkkks. I wouldn’t mind if it was just the initial level load and dying didn’t incur the wrath of the loading screen. It makes making a mistake more painful than it has to be. 

It really does do a great job of using the license and both giving you a virtual tour that seems to cover pretty much all of Bikini Bottom while also having it all built out in proper platforming levels.