2019 WWDC: the death of iTunes

I’m not huge on professional monitors, but Jonathan Morrison said that the type of monitors this is competing with are like 20k. 

Apple should have just said the monitor was an extra 1k and left it at that.

9 hours ago, Nokt said:

I’m not huge on professional monitors, but Jonathan Morrison said that the type of monitors this is competing with are like 20k. 

Apple should have just said the monitor was an extra 1k and left it at that.

I think Apple gets off on their whacky pricing.

I think they should have priced it at $6,000 and then quietly had a SKU that was $1,000 less and had no stand.

I also think they should sell the 5K iMac screen for like $1,000 or whatever it would be.

I think it's kind of a bummer that Apple has decided that enthusiasts should just be buying iMacs. The Pro is a hell of a machine, but it's obviously meant for real Pros in a way that a Macbook Pro or an iPad Pro is not. The latter two are expensive, but very reasonable for anyone who just wants a really great laptop or tablet. The iMac Pro is not meant for someone who just wants a great desktop. At this point it's hard to imagine them making a ~2-3k desktop that the enthusiast, but not pro market wants. It's not exactly a new revelation, but when I would read comments about what people wanted in a Mac Pro, I think I was primarily reading those thoughts from people who wanted to buy a high end desktop, not a server class professional workstation.

On 6/14/2019 at 10:12 AM, TwinIon said:

Here's a nice early look into iPadOS that has me pretty hopeful about the update.

I'm also hopeful that Apple requiring apps to support the windowing system will help. It's really annoying to use an app like Google Hangouts and not be able to slide it over.

Google will be solving that problem for you before too long. 

15 hours ago, Jason said:

Google will be solving that problem for you before too long. 

I use hangouts for SMS through Google Voice, so yeah, the whole systems is likely to tumble down on me at any moment, but the same holds true for Gmail, which really seems like it should work with slide over.