Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez and Ted Cruz set to work on bi-partisan lobbying bill

53 minutes ago, Anathema- said:

I think like with a lot of things I'm more in the camp of better-incentivize rather than ban/restrict. If there was better congressional pay, better funding for staff, and fewer fundraising requirements then I don't think the churn would be there.

Thats some extremely wishful thinking, as long as theirs money to be made people will do it, they don't do it out of necessity, but greed lol.

38 minutes ago, PaladinSolo said:

Thats some extremely wishful thinking, as long as theirs money to be made people will do it, they don't do it out of necessity, but greed lol.

There's also no way Congress is ever going to be a better paycheck than what the Amazon, Facebook, or ExxonMobils of the world could come up with.

2 hours ago, Greatoneshere said:

With Ted Cruz attached, I think we should all be braced for disappointment.

Cruz is the right guy to push this sort of thing. He is a highly accomplished lawyer himself and his wife is some mid level executive at a top investment bank. They don’t need the easy lobbyist money, and it’s an easy way to punish all his colleagues who hate him by taking away their future gravy train :lol:

24 minutes ago, sblfilms said:

Cruz is the right guy to push this sort of thing. He is a highly accomplished lawyer himself and his wife is some mid level executive at a top investment bank. They don’t need the easy lobbyist money, and it’s an easy way to punish all his colleagues who hate him by taking away their future gravy train :lol:

And then at the press conference, he can go, "I have a message to my Republican colleagues who are upset by this piece of legislation," and then stare at the camera for 20 minutes like maxresdefault.jpg

17 minutes ago, SaysWho? said:

And then at the press conference, he can go, "I have a message to my Republican colleagues who are upset by this piece of legislation," and then stare at the camera for 20 minutes like maxresdefault.jpg

Hello I am Tedcruz Forpresident.

I have over 42 years!

I wish to shut down the space program and destroy all telescopes, abruptly and without explanation

On 6/3/2019 at 7:39 PM, sblfilms said:

Yeah we'll see. :p