Issues with reactivating Windows 10 after hardware upgrade.

Pent

Hoping that someone has had this issue and remembers how to fix it...  I've Googled most of everything I can think of and nothing is working.

I initially built this PC about 11 years ago and put a retail copy of Windows 7 (Pro, I think) on it, and when Win10 was available for free to upgrade I upgraded Win7 to 10.  Then about a month ago my motherboard crapped out on me so I recently put in a new mb, cpu, and RAM and reused everything else.

Windows 10 won't reactivate via the normal method, and when I choose that I recently upgraded hardware, the reactivation window shows me my PC name that it has listed, but when I click the box and hit reactivate it tells me that this PC can't be reactivated.

The next method I have tried is typing "SLUI 4" in the Run window or in the Command Prompt window, but doing that doesn't do anything... no new window, nothing.  I know if i could run SLUI 4 that I could either try to reactivate over the phone with Microsoft or via Chat, but I need the product ID that SLUI 4 gives me to do that.

The only other thing that I can think of is ... I am in the process of trying right now, is to download a Windows 10 ISO file from Microsoft and try to do a "Repair Upgrade" and maybe that will "fix" whatever is keeping SLUI 4 from opening up.

I am sure I can find my Windows 7 key somewhere but I am not sure if that will do anything at this point.

Anyone have any ideas?

42 minutes ago, Keyser_Soze said:

Go to your Microsoft account and remove your old computer from the devices its associated with the use the windows 7 key on your current computer.

This.

The next step is to call MS tech support and they’ll “reactivate” your key.