Microsoft officially announces Xbox Game Pass for PC, update - PC Game Pass will cost $5/month

2 hours ago, Rodimus said:

So is this the only way to play the Halo games on PC?

No, you can buy them on Windows Store or Steam. Game Pass just gives you access to all MS first party games and a ton of 3rd party games for a yearly or monthly subscription instead of needing to buy them individually.

I can't seem to get it to work on the PC. I'm certain that I'm signed up to Gamepass, as I've been able to download games on the Xbox. I've updated windows and downloaded the beta Xbox app, but when I click to "play a game with gamepass" it just asks me to sign up.

7 minutes ago, TwinIon said:

I can't seem to get it to work on the PC. I'm certain that I'm signed up to Gamepass, as I've been able to download games on the Xbox. I've updated windows and downloaded the beta Xbox app, but when I click to "play a game with gamepass" it just asks me to sign up.

I had the same problem. I couldn't get it to work via the Xbox app no matter what I did, but downloading a Game Pass game directly from the Microsoft Store seems to work just fine. 

• 2 weeks later...
1 hour ago, Keyser_Soze said:

Anyone finding the download speeds to be kinda slow?

I decided to make a huge mistake and download FM19, is only 5 gigs but the download is going slow or just stopping all together... and it takes a long time to pause.

Windows store DL have always been craptastic. It often “messes up” and then needs to completely restart the dl instead of picking up where it has left off... plus it tends to not delete the “messed up” dl. :| 

However, speed-wise it’s USUALLY good for me around 8-12 MB/sec

• 1 month later...

So I decided to give Gamepass for PC a try this week.

The last time I tried out the Xbox app on my PC was during Sea of Thieves Open Beta, and I had a pretty awful experience with trying to get it to work.

There was a bunch of issues with it requiring Windows Update to be enabled, it required Windows Firewall to be enabled (for some reasons I will never understand), and then just inviting friends to my party worked very poorly.

But I gotta say, this new beta Xbox app for the Gamepass for PC is pretty solid. And beyond having to update to Windows v1903, there was no other hoops to jump through. The app no longer cares if Windows Update or Windows Firewall is enabled. It's pretty damn easy to use, and friends joining my game was as easy as them right clicking my name in the Xbox app and selecting "join".

Been super pleased with it so far.