Has anyone here been watching Crazy Ex-Girlfriend?

This is a bit of a hidden gem that my sister got me on to. It apparently aired on The CW in the US but I've been watching it on Netflix. 

It's about a girl who was working as a lawyer in New York and moves to West Covina, CA with the hope of getting back together with her former ex-boyfriend that she was with for two months at a summer camp when they were 16. :lol: It's a musical comedy that also has a lot to say on social issues, but it's primarily just damn funny. It can be surprisingly dark though. :lol:

The trailer on YouTube doesn't really do it justice, I think, but here it is:

It's been really loved by critics (it has a 98% on RottenTomatoes) but the viewership has apparently been astoundingly low. They just wrapped up their fourth and final season. It's really worth checking out for anyone who is looking for a new comedy with tons of heart and laughs. I'd recommend giving it a couple episodes to really give it a chance if anyone is interested. 

• Like 1

46 minutes ago, number305 said:

I have no comment on the show... but that trailer.  Did they just summarize an entire season of the show in a five minute trailer?  Cause after sitting through that trailer I feel like I have seen the first season now.

Kinda. Each episode is 39-43 minutes (apparently), so with 18 episodes in the first season, that's a lot of content.