All Around Awesome Guy Duncan Hunter Admits to Taking Photo with Dead Combatant

Rep. Duncan Hunter has acknowledged taking a photo with a dead combatant during his time as a Marine as he defended a Navy SEAL charged with multiple war crimes, including killing a teenage fighter.

Hunter (R-Alpine), who was reelected last November as he faces corruption charges, made the comments during a town hall Saturday in his San Diego-area district, the Union-Tribune reported.

Hunter has advocated for a pardon for Edward Gallagher, who's charged with stabbing to death a teenage Islamic State fighter under his care in Iraq in 2017 and then holding his reenlistment ceremony with the body.

Prosecutors said the Navy SEAL chief texted a photograph of himself next to the dead fighter and wrote he "got him with my hunting knife." He's also accused of shooting two civilians in Iraq and opening fire on crowds.

Hunter said he also posed for a photo next to a dead combatant but said he did not text it or post it to social media. The congressman said "a lot of us have done the exact same thing," referring to fellow service members in Iraq and Afghanistan.

Hunter called the military justice system "corrupt," saying it is run by lawyers and bureaucrats intent on pursuing "war fighters." His offices didn't return calls and emails seeking comment Monday.

https://www.latimes.com/politics/la-na-pol-duncan-hunter-photo-marine-dead-20190528-story.html

6 minutes ago, osxmatt said:

Wasn’t he the congressman that was embroiled in a big improper use of campaign funds scandal before last years midterms?

I didn’t know he got elected again.

Yes - he's also the douche bro who vapes when at work. He's also the guy who blamed the scandal on his wife, throwing her under the bus.

4 minutes ago, osxmatt said:

Wasn’t he the congressman that was embroiled in a big improper use of campaign funds scandal before last years midterms?

Yes

Hunter and his wife, Margaret, were indicted in 2017 on federal charges of illegally converting more than $250,000 in campaign contributions for personal living expenses. Both have pleaded not guilty and have their next court hearing scheduled for July 29. Trial is set for later this year.

4 minutes ago, osxmatt said:

I didn’t know he got elected again.

Oh he was. But he went up against a scary mexican arab guy who's grandfather was linked to Munich, allegedly... 🙄

29 minutes ago, Greatoneshere said:

Yes - he's also the douche bro who vapes when at work. He's also the guy who blamed the scandal on his wife, throwing her under the bus.

Hey I vape all day at work. Take small hits and hold it so it dissipates in my lungs.

2 minutes ago, Zaku3 said:

Hey I vape all day at work. Take small hits and hold it so it dissipates in my lungs.

Vaping in the middle of important congressional meetings when you're already an alt-right conservative Republican representative out to grift the American people, it's a douche-y thing to do. Context! :p 

• 6 months later...
3 hours ago, Keyser_Soze said:

Man, just some of the people who support him. I just don't know what to say.

My brother's in-laws live in his district, and after spending some time there, I totally understand how that moron was re-elected with an indictment against him.

1 hour ago, Jason said:

Is he waiting out some deadline on a special election being possible or something? 

Waiting for his holiday bonus to come through.  He's going to put a pool in the backyard.  If there is enough money left over, he's going to invite everyone over.  Even cousin Eddy. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Greatoneshere said:

My brother lives in San Diego and tells me it's more racist and stupid than one thinks. There's a brown guy (I have immunity idol on saying brown) running in his district as a progressive, vote for him!

Are you referring to Ammar Campa-Najjar? If you recall he already ran against Hunter and lost because they ran some campaign that he was related to some guy who was a Munich terrorist so people were afraid he'd be a terrorist too. :|

• Sad 1

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
On 12/6/2019 at 9:19 PM, Keyser_Soze said:

Are you referring to Ammar Campa-Najjar? If you recall he already ran against Hunter and lost because they ran some campaign that he was related to some guy who was a Munich terrorist so people were afraid he'd be a terrorist too. :|

I'm late to it but yes I was referring to him. I know he lost because of those horrible and baseless attack ads (I saw them online - I gotta say, they were fucking disgusting). Fucking terrible. Your plain face is completely on point.

• Thanks 1

• 1 month later...