Papa John is an n-word guy

RedSoxFan9

There’s a show called ugly delicious or something like that with David Chang, and in the pizza episode he gets into a little bit about pizza pretentiousness. He makes a snob eat some dominoes (which Chang genuinely loves). 

Food snobbery really rubs me the wrong way for some reason. 

2 minutes ago, Paperclyp said:

There’s a show called ugly delicious or something like that with David Chang, and in the pizza episode he gets into a little bit about pizza pretentiousness. He makes a snob eat some dominoes (which Chang genuinely loves). 

99.5% of pizza tastes the same. Don't think that .5% exists? Don't take my word for it...

https://www.tastesofchicago.com/

20 minutes ago, Paperclyp said:

Seems to me you missed the point of that episode. While he appreciates and purchases Domino's once a month, he still regularly waits on the Lucali line because it's a far better pizza. 

20 minutes ago, Emblazon said:

99.5% of pizza tastes the same. Don't think that .5% exists? Don't take my word for it...

2 minutes ago, Jose said:

Seems to me you missed the point of that episode. While he appreciates and purchases Domino's once a month, he still regularly waits on the Lucali line because it's a far better pizza. 

lol no.

I never made any claim stating Dominoes or any chain was better than top of the line pizza. 

I said food snobbery rubs me the wrong way. 

Just now, Jose said:

Having discerning taste buds isnt food snobbery.  I still eat Domino's when nothing else is available. 

Acting like chain is absolute dog poop that you would never eat is snobbery. 

If you didn't do that, I'm not referring to you. 

I don’t mind food snobbery in and of itself, I just think it’s silly when people are snobbish about food that isn’t sophisticated. Like, don’t tell me I shouldn’t put ketchup on a hot dog - it’s a tube of discarded meat scraps. It’s nowhere near the realm of sophistication that we should be drawing lines in the sand about what is or isn’t a ‘good’ way to eat it. I feel the same way about pizza; you can definitely improve the quality and/or make something interesting, but you’d have a hard time convincing me that chain pizza is so far removed from the median to be worth such strong opinions. 

• Like 1

On 7/11/2018 at 12:58 PM, Emblazon said:

Their deep dish Pepperoni is easily the BEST fast food pizza. And their crazy bread is better than any of the other companies' bread sticks. 

Sarpino's is fucking horrible, but I'd eat week old Sarpino's over anything Papa John's. 

Of course, this is just for the likes of:

Domino's

Pizza Hut

Little Caesars 

Sarpino's

Papa John's 

Nothing, and I do mean nothing, comes remotely close to Lou Malnati's. Don't believe me? Get some yourself. 

It’s not a pizza thread unless emblazon posts a link to Lou Malnatis 

PJ-Logo-SmallSpace-Reverse-web-notag.png

This past week was the hardest week in my 22 years with Papa John's. I know the words of John Schnatter were offensive, and nothing pains me more than knowing they hurt you. To be clear, those words in no way represent my views or the values of our company. As the leader of Papa John's, I'm sorry.

Racism and insensitive language - no matter the context - will not be tolerated at any level of our company. Period.

Papa John's is not an individual. Papa John's is a pizza company with 120,000 corporate and franchise team members around the world. These are the people in your communities from all walks of life who work hard to provide you with better service and better pizza. These are your local owners and operators who do so much in your community.

Still, you deserve actions, not just words, so here's what we're going to do about it:

• We're in the process of bringing in outside experts to help audit our company's culture and diversity and inclusion practices. This will allow us to identify our strengths and weaknesses. We will then set clear goals to do better.
  • Our senior management team will be on the road, listening to our employees and franchisees and getting their feedback on a path to move forward.
  • We'll be transparent with you along the way. We want you to hold us accountable.

I will personally be leading this effort because there is nothing more important for Papa John's right now. We want to regain your trust, and we will work hard to earn it. I know this will take time.

The entire team at Papa John's wants to thank you for your loyalty. We are only in business because of you. And it's our sincere wish that we'll continue to have the honor of serving you.

Sincerely,
steve-ritchie-signature.png
Steve Ritchie
CEO, Papa John's

Even Papa John's don't want anything to do with the founder :LUL:

5 hours ago, darkness35 said:

Even Papa John's don't want anything to do with the founder :LUL:

I was thinking about this the other day. Ever since good ol Papa started blaming the NFL for his business worse I stopped buying from them. Their wallets are obviously hurting but for me I feel bad about the employees. There are at least 3 Papa John's in my city and it sucks when people start to lose hours and money for something the executives are fucking up on. I would start buying from Papa John's if they cut all ties with that ass hat Schnatter and confirmed that he no longer made a penny from the company. Fuck that guy. I don't mind the pizza but don't want that guy making anymore money off me.

1 hour ago, Emblazon said:

Who the fuck puts cold sauce on their pizza?

And New York? Yeah, I'd like some cheese and a smidge of sauce on my floppy soggy cardboard. Kthanx. :sick:

I've never heard of having cold sauce on top either. I do enjoy some greasy NY pepperoni pizza depending on the pizza place. A lot of the pizza places here do the California style pizza which is a variation of NY pizza with California ingredients.

• 4 weeks later...