Death Stranding OT - Special Delivery, update - PC release on July 14 (Steam/EGS)

Keyser_Soze

• 3 weeks later...
16 minutes ago, HalfJoey said:

I still lurk from time to time. I've been trying to make an effort to come back here. Like many of you, I'm on Reset often too.

Indeed! But yo, it's so cozy here.

I've tried to get Orbital back, but he used us as a transition when GAF's owner was outed as a freak and Reset didn't exist yet. :p 

8 hours ago, SaysWho? said:

I've tried to get Orbital back, but he used us as a transition when GAF's owner was outed as a freak and Reset didn't exist yet. :p 

He came back for a hot minute but then Wade broke the boards and then reset came and he was out again. Sad.

On 6/25/2019 at 9:46 AM, SaysWho? said:

I notice a few other users on Reset regularly, Wade most of all.

I don't post on Reset that much, but I'll keep coming back here for sure. Probably for PC building suggestions when Zen 2 launches. 

• 4 weeks later...

I bet that the art is actually super meaningful and cryptic and the mud stains on his face align perfectly with a series of islands bombed out of existence during nuclear testing after WWII, or something like that.

• Haha 2

• 2 weeks later...

Death Stranding is no longer listed as a PlayStation 4 exclusive

As noticed by vestan over on the Resetera forums, Death Stranding is no longer listed as a PS4 exclusive—and yes, it used to be: The Wayback Machine indicates that as recently as May 26, it was in the list of PS4 exclusives.

Yep, this is definitely going to the Epic Games Store!

This being an EGS exclusive after being a PS exclusive for so long would actually be tremendous for the store. It would also fall in line with my (in my opinion) alternate reality superior EGS where they built the platform on getting console exclusives to PC that no one thought would come over.

1 hour ago, Xbob42 said:

This being an EGS exclusive after being a PS exclusive for so long would actually be tremendous for the store. It would also fall in line with my (in my opinion) alternate reality superior EGS where they built the platform on getting console exclusives to PC that no one thought would come over.

They already have all those Quantic Dream ports so maybe this is your dream come true.

3 hours ago, Keyser_Soze said:

They already have all those Quantic Dream ports so maybe this is your dream come true.

I mean, it's most definitely not a dream, I just think it would've had the complete opposite effect on public opinion compared to their current... situation. But the Quantic Dream ports and Journey and all that are what made me think that would've been a better path to begin with. Hell, they could still switch over to that and be very popular, I think. "We did the impossible and Bloodborne is coming to EGS!" would send very positive ripples that "We bought out another crowdfunded indie game that was almost done!" most definitely does not. There'd always be a contingent that would be upset about it, but at least it would be bringing true value that no other company was attempting.

4 hours ago, Xbob42 said:

Just to clarify, Death Stranding was originally announced for the PC as well as the PS4 in 2016 with the PC release occuring after the PS4.  It was only within the last year or so that references to a PC version fell by the wayside.

58 minutes ago, SFLUFAN said:

Just to clarify, Death Stranding was originally announced for the PC as well as the PS4 in 2016 with the PC release occuring after the PS4.  It was only within the last year or so that references to a PC version fell by the wayside.

I'm aware, but once something goes exclusive --and things often shrink in platforms as often as they grow-- it's extraordinarily rare for it to become non-exclusive before launch (as in I don't recall any instances of it happening except when deals fall through/companies go out of business), so I counted it as a total wash until at least quite a while after launch.

• 2 weeks later...