Death Stranding OT - Special Delivery, update - PC release on July 14 (Steam/EGS)

Keyser_Soze

4 minutes ago, TwinIon said:

So will this be a complete disaster or an entertaining one?

I honestly don't believe so. There's been gameplay footage that clearly has Action-packed MGSV third person shooter mechanics and all kinds of other shit. While I don't appreciate it, I think they're trolling with some of this approach. I mean the gameplay video opens with...pissing.

I have seen Death Stranding at Gamescom and I finally understand what's going on (GamesRadar+)

I have seen Death Stranding at Gamescom, and I think I finally understand what the fuck is going on. Here's the thing, it can be all too easy to lose sight of a universal truth: every game starts as a simple concept. That's true of every single video game in the industry – yes, even those with Hideo Kojima at the helm. 

26 minutes ago, eggydoo said:

"Death Stranding is a game about walking."

Man the RDR2 haters are gonna have a field day with this lol.  After reading the article, it sounds like Oregon Trail Remaster?

That's misleading though as they've shown gameplay footage of third person shooting, stealth, hand-to-hand combat, vehicles, boss fights. I'm starting to sound like I'm trying to stick up for this game but honestly, I just think the whole circus surrounding "what do you even DO!? what does it all MEAN!?" is way more absurd than the game's annoying marketing. Articles like this don't help and just indulge in that, it seems cobbled together from random previous articles. 

Also, I consider myself a certified hater of RDR2. 

Kojima on Death Stranding: “Even now, I don’t understand the game”

“Death Stranding… even now, I don’t understand the game,” said Kojima of the PlayStation 4 release.  “Its world view, gameplay, they are all new. My mission is to create a genre that does not currently exist, and which takes everyone by surprise. There is, naturally, a risk in that…”

It's a more open, more exploration focused metal gear style stealth action game in which the player treads through multiple planes of existence simultaneously. I'm a genius visionary who knows more about Death Stranding than Kojima, ask me literally anything about it.

• Haha 2

The thing with Kojima and others (like David Gage) is that they take themselves waay too seriously and are nowhere near as deep as they think they are. I'll check out Death Stranding if it's good, but considering I didn't finish either of the last two Metal Gear Games and consider both to be two of the most overrated games in existence,  I'm gonna wait until I find out more about the game. Kojima seems to get by on being deliberately obtuse and weird rather than crafting coherent experiences. And his cult of personality eats that shit up. I expect this to be no different to be honest.  If I'm wrong, I'll gladly eat my words... more good games are good for everybody. 

• 2 weeks later...