The Decline of Quiznos

Remarkableriots

Quiznos had a honey cured ham sandwich that was probably my favorite sub I've ever had from a fast food joint. 

There is still a quiznos open in Utah but the oven is almost always broken. Seattle has a few around as well, I try to hit one up whenever I go there. 

I do not miss that chain nor Blimpie.  I know their is still a Blimpie in my area, but it's in the part of town where people live who want to pretend they are wealthy which apparently includes a culture of keeping shitty sub chains alive.  Qiznos left the area pretty quickly after Subway started offering toasted subs.  I know of one 400 miles away and I'm amazed it's still in business. Nothing about their subs was ever special.  

They were my favorite sandwich place and then they all just closed around me. They hadn’t gone down hill yet but I had heard they did in other places. I was stuck with only 72 Subways for 10 years until finally a Firehouse Subs opened up a month ago. Seriously, fuck Subway. 

We had a Quizno's around here years ago, miss their prime rib Philly sub, so freaking good! As someone else stated, we had easily a half dozen Subway's around here up until about 18 or so months ago, now we only have 1 which is weird AF!

14 hours ago, Kal-El814 said:

A good Cuban sandwich is one of life’s greatest joys.

Got a local spot where Cubans run a restaurant and a church next door and their food is fucking amaze-balls!