Anthem reportedly has fewer current players on XBL than Fallout 76 or Battlefield 1

I actually just ordered a copy of Anthem today. Target has it for $30, with an extra 20% off if you order it for in store pickup. With my other discounts and a couple of gift cards, I got it for like $12, so I won’t complain if the player count is low. :p

I actually really like the game but never play anymore.

They clearly have basically bunkered down and are retooling a whole bunch of this game.  They’ve said they are fundamentally reworking loot as well.  So even farming loot at this point is kinda pointless as we don’t know what changes they are going to make.  

Game is obviously in a bad spot, but I’d rather they kind of go quiet and fix it the right way rather than rush out band aid fixes which we what they were initially doing.

The patches they did release did go a long way in fixing the quality of life issues with loading though.

Still hoping they can fix the game and get it to a good place.  I loved the gameplay and want to have a reason to dive back into it. 

14 minutes ago, JPDunks4 said:

I actually really like the game but never play anymore.

They clearly have basically bunkered down and are retooling a whole bunch of this game.  They’ve said they are fundamentally reworking loot as well.  So even farming loot at this point is kinda pointless as we don’t know what changes they are going to make.  

Game is obviously in a bad spot, but I’d rather they kind of go quiet and fix it the right way rather than rush out band aid fixes which we what they were initially doing.

The patches they did release did go a long way in fixing the quality of life issues with loading though.

Still hoping they can fix the game and get it to a good place.  I loved the gameplay and want to have a reason to dive back into it. 

I've had no interest in the game but really wanted it to be good just because, 1) it's a new IP, so it's more difficult to create anyway and more difficult to get off the ground, 2) a bad game/bomb will lead to layoffs, which always suck to hear about, and 3) when these games don't take off, it can be a death spiral. At least with a single-player game, it can bomb but you can come back to it 3 months or 3 years later and be fine. 

On 5/26/2019 at 4:36 PM, Nokt said:

Unless they've changed something, the top 50 list was never a population counter. 

But...people can rip on Anthem more if it is true.

I never understood/understand the hate for this game...it's fantastic

I hope they can do something to right the ship and make the haters happy so it can get some positive press for once.

Very proud of myself lately especially when it comes to buying video games day one! Normally I would just buy anything with a hype train behind it. So far I have held off on games like "Anthem" but also Rage 2, Days Gone,  Fallout 76, Etc, Etc. I'm getting better very slowly, but I am getting there . . .

I dumped a lot of hours into it and am pretty disappointed with it. Endgame is really repetitive grinding in very few places for gear that's nearly impossible to get because of low legendary drop rates and too many layers of RNG (too many inscriptions, with too much variability). I can play for 8 hours straight and not see a single upgrade and I'm still far from having optimal gear on any of my javs.

15 minutes ago, Keyser_Soze said:

You can solo it and enjoy the story and experience. Sadly since it is labeled as an MMO some people will never give it a chance.

This is what I meant. People want KOTOR 3 but won't even try TOR for free. I guess if you don't have a PC then yeah, you're fucked, but if you do, just give the damn game a shot. There are like 8 single player campaigns in that game. 

38 minutes ago, Paperclyp said:

Sure. But Mario World 2 features a crying baby Mario. 

I fail to understand why you posted this. 

44 minutes ago, Keyser_Soze said:

You can solo it and enjoy the story and experience. Sadly since it is labeled as an MMO some people will never give it a chance.

30 minutes ago, Bacon said:

This is what I meant. People want KOTOR 3 but won't even try TOR for free. I guess if you don't have a PC then yeah, you're fucked, but if you do, just give the damn game a shot. There are like 8 single player campaigns in that game. 

I fail to understand why you posted this. 

It isn’t labeled as an MMO lol. It IS an MMO. It doesn’t play like KOTOR. It didn’t start free. It’s a PC only game. I mean, I could go on but I know you guys are being a little purposely obtuse. 

It’s not KOTOR 3, plain and simple. That doesn’t mean it doesn’t have some amazing content. Maybe it’s better than KOTOR 3 ever would have been. 

On 5/26/2019 at 10:12 AM, eggydoo said:

Hopefully this means I can get it for 20 or less soon.

BestBuy has it for 23.99, with Gamers club discount, if you still have it active, that makes it right around 20 with tax (at least that what it makes it with tax for me here in Houston) I've been toying with the idea of picking up myself, but still haven't pulled the trigger. 

How much of this game can be soloed? Not jumping in with random people, but played completely solo? 

45 minutes ago, Bacon said:

Yes. What you asked for is already there, you just don't want that. 

If I recall correctly MEA was done by the Montreal studio which did assist with the DLC of the original trilogy, but wasn't apart of the main development teams. 

EDIT: I guess that still really doesn't classify it as not ME4, but it just doesn't feel the same that some offshoot made the next installment. 

35 minutes ago, EternallDarkness said:

BestBuy has it for 23.99, with Gamers club discount, if you still have it active, that makes it right around 20 with tax (at least that what it makes it with tax for me here in Houston) I've been toying with the idea of picking up myself, but still haven't pulled the trigger. 

How much of this game can be soloed? Not jumping in with random people, but played completely solo? 

I played 90% of the campaign solo. Totally doable.