Go see Booksmart

37 minutes ago, EternallDarkness said:

A small film releasing on a holiday weekend getting crushed by the 'big dogs'??? Shocking! It looks cute, but I'm in no rush to see it. 

I don’t think anybody is surprised 

17 minutes ago, Greatoneshere said:

Yeah but I don't bother with theaters in the first place unless it's for movies where the big screen adds something. Booksmart can wait for home, but I understand what she's trying to say.

In today’s environment, Movies of this ilk feel like they belong on Netflix than in theaters. 

I don't know why I wrote this review in the 'just watched' thread and not here. But I'll copy paste here in case anyone needs more encouragement to go see this movie:

Booksmart - 10/10 - I never knew that I would connect so heavily with a movie about a teenage lesbian full of music I detest. But I connected so much with Amy because I was introverted and unsure of myself in high school just like she was. Then when I graduated I took off to another continent to find myself. I don't know man but this funny as hell movie had me tearing up. And my goodness if Beanie Feldstein (Molly) isn't in every movie ever going forward that will be a great injustice. She was so good.

Easily my favorite of 2019 thus far.

• 3 months later...