GPU to psu cables

Guys I need help with GPU cables. This may seem stupid, but its bothering me bad. 

I have 2x4 (8) pin x 2 cables on my GPU (zotec 2080ti extreme amp edition) connectors on my GPU. My power supply PciE cables have  4×2 8 pin cables going to two 6x2 cables. Card came with 1 8pin to 2 6x2 adapters. This leaves the x2 cable part just hang there. 

Can you please link me to strait 8pin CPU x 8pin GPU cables? I need 2 obviously. Seem strange if you try and plug them in back ward meaning the psus side of my 8pin cables dont connect in the 8pin plug on my GPU. It only goes in the psu side. And even though the 6pin x 2pin side even if put together to make a 8pin plug, it wont plug into the psu side 8pin plug?

Cant I just have 8pin going to 8pin plugs for my gpu?

Please help me, the wires going to the GPU are killing my vibe. Why dosent the 6x2 plug put together not fit in the psu side

I've been looking all morning again and still cant find 2 cables that plug into my 8pin plus from the GPU to my pay's 8pin pcie plugs. Am I frikking crazy?

There were 8 pin plugs but there for CPU to psu and do not plug into the GPU's 8pin plugs. This is insanely odd.

@HardActI am not entirely sure what your question is.  I haven't done a build in a couple of years, but when I did the connectors were plug-and play.  I think I had 2 pcie connectors  (one side 8-pin, the other 6+2) with my PSU that were labelled "VGA", and I think I ran them between the inputs labelled VGA1 and VGA2 on the PSU to the video card.  Is this not working?

edit:  edited to remove my incorrect usage of molex and clarified the 6+2

there labeled PCIe and are 8 pin gpu into plit 6x2 pin ends for the GPU. Problem is If you put the 6x2 together to make a 8pin plug it doesn't fit the 8pin on my card. seem there different. 8pin psu and 8 pin gpu are different. I know it sounds stupid. I just need 2 cables both with just 8pin GPU and 8 pin PSU ends on them, trust me there not the same and only go one way. Why holding a 6x2 pin plug to gether to make it a 8 pin plug wont go into my 8 pin gpu plug is beyond me and struggling to describe the damn situating!

57 minutes ago, HardAct said:

there labeled PCIe and are 8 pin gpu into plit 6x2 pin ends for the GPU. Problem is If you put the 6x2 together to make a 8pin plug it doesn't fit the 8pin on my card. seem there different. 8pin psu and 8 pin gpu are different. I know it sounds stupid. I just need 2 cables both with just 8pin GPU and 8 pin PSU ends on them, trust me there not the same and only go one way. Why holding a 6x2 pin plug to gether to make it a 8 pin plug wont go into my 8 pin gpu plug is beyond me and struggling to describe the damn situating!

The 6x2 pin fits the same as the 8pin. Look at them side by side. The extra 2 are probably hitting on an angle when you’re trying to put them in. Try inserting the 2 first on the proper end, then put 6 in next to it.

1 hour ago, HardAct said:

I would suggest looking at the shapes on the connectors and matching them up.  They are standard connectors.

Click New Gaming Rig Here

Ok you guys are right so sorry.

The 6x2 pins will go in the 8 pin slot on my GPU. I dont know how I got fucked up. Only real issue was the PCIe cables all have 8pin PSU side and split at the end in to 2 PCIe 6x2 cables. Now I know the graphics card needs 2 seperate 8pin plugs coming from the psu. So had to use 2 of the cables but at the card both cables had a 6x2 cable hanging. Tough to make that look good! So I snipped off the hanging 2 6x2 cables, making it very tidy!!

Below is the final build. No issues other than cable management. It's super clean, super quiet. Perfect build.

Thanks for the help and decisions, etc.

Nzxt 700 case

I7 9700k CPU

Asus Z390-a motherboard 

4x8 sticks (32 gigs) ddr4 3200 Corsair vengeance ram

Zotec 2080Ti extreme amp edition GPU

Corsair h100i rgb cooler

Corsair 750watt platinum psu

M.2 Samsung Evo 970 500mb ssd for boot HD

Samsung 1tb 860 evo HD 

Gigabit wifi PCIe card

Windows 10 home

Total 2547.87 before windows 10, a logitech m510 mouse and keyboard combo

Around 2700.00 but I had nothing I could use from previous builds, so price went up a bit.

Thanks for all the help, Thank You very much

New Gaming Rig

Oh my FU&%$NG God this paired with my new Samsung Q8fn is mind blowing. I know I made the right decision. It scored in Future Mark top 96%! on Time Spy regular not the 4k one, those scores are insane . . . 

I'm running Forza Horizon 4 and its mind blowing in 4k hdr ultra settings never dips under 60fps. I am super happy. I know we lost alot in the fire and recently my son, But at least our new house is beginning to feel a bit like home!

This Q8fn is a great Qled TV. I spent a numbing amount of time researching Oleds and Qleds and every model in between. Finally biting the bullet and making a decision makes this all the more rewarding!