Call of Duty: Modern Warfare (2019) OT - Going Dark

I played the beta last week and after so much Apex Legends it took me a few matches to adjust.  If you want to move through the level slower, you can get a few extra kills by mounting your weapon on walls and boxes(click the right stick).  I was definitely put off by how fast you die though.  After a while I was just messing around.  Started using mines and claymores a lot.  Got a lot of kills with those.  Nobody else seemed to use them.  I found one good camping spot on the one map.  I could hide in a bathroom stall pointed at one entrance, and the other entrance covered by the claymore, right near a capture point too.  Definitely pissed some people off :p  I will say the beta lowered my expectations for the game overall.

Speaking of "git gud", tried out the MP that was all HUD-off and seemed as though the TTK was almost immediate. I did the best in that playlist and really enjoyed it, so much so that I even called it "my jam!" (Is that what the hip kids still say?)

Its still COD and plays & feels as such for myself. I really only want to play the campaign ... BUUUUUUUT ... this MIGHT be the first COD I buy since Black Ops 1

I'm really hoping that that timed exclusives blurb at the bottom is just poorly worded, and it doesn't mean that things like Survival are exclusive to PS4 for a year, just that there are PS4 timed things like early maps that  come to PS4 first like a month early, and that will last a year. CoD only lasts about a year each game anyway, so 1 year timed exclusives are stupid. What, is Activision upset that they lost Destiny and its timed esclusives that they decided to do it with CoD? I was hoping Survival would be in, and I'll be pissed if I have to wait a year to play it.

5 hours ago, Brick said:

I'm really hoping that that timed exclusives blurb at the bottom is just poorly worded, and it doesn't mean that things like Survival are exclusive to PS4 for a year, just that there are PS4 timed things like early maps that  come to PS4 first like a month early, and that will last a year. CoD only lasts about a year each game anyway, so 1 year timed exclusives are stupid. What, is Activision upset that they lost Destiny and its timed esclusives that they decided to do it with CoD? I was hoping Survival would be in, and I'll be pissed if I have to wait a year to play it.

Kotaku made an article about it. So either they jumped the gun or Survival really is locked down until next October. I guess it's true, but that seems like a bad move on Call of Dutys part.  For a game that tries to have a bunch of different game modes to keep players engaged and playing, why cut off a mode for the pc/Xbox player base? Sony must have paid some big bucks. 

https://kotaku.com/a-modern-warfare-game-option-is-ps4-exclusive-until-oct-1838429056

10 hours ago, DarkStar189 said:

Kotaku made an article about it. So either they jumped the gun or Survival really is locked down until next October. I guess it's true, but that seems like a bad move on Call of Dutys part.  For a game that tries to have a bunch of different game modes to keep players engaged and playing, why cut off a mode for the pc/Xbox player base? Sony must have paid some big bucks. 

https://kotaku.com/a-modern-warfare-game-option-is-ps4-exclusive-until-oct-1838429056

I was actually considering giving CoD a look this year for the Battlefield-style focus it was taking...

...but it wouldve been on the X1X. Now it can fuck itself back under the rock I put on it a decade ago.

Havent missed it. Wont miss it.

• Like 1

15 hours ago, Brick said:

10 hours ago, DarkStar189 said:

11 minutes ago, XxEvil AshxX said:

I was actually considering giving CoD a look this year for the Battlefield-style focus it was taking...

...but it wouldve been on the X1X. Now it can fuck itself back under the rock I put on it a decade ago.

Havent missed it. Wont miss it.

According to GiantBomb it is an exclusive for one year, they discussed it on this weeks podcast.

Really is bullshit.  The 1 week headstart on DLC maps is one thing, but to cut out an entire game mode for 2/3 of the player base that are paying the same exact same $ amount for access to the game, should be illegal.  If you want to cut the the mode out, then charge less on Xbox and PC.  I reall wish it would cause enough backlash that people would cancel preorders on Xbox and PC to say fuck you.  

I get that companies have been doing this forever, but it seems to be less and less popular these days. Wanna play cross play survival with ur xbox or pc buddies, too bad gotta wait a year.  It's not making the game better for PS4 players, its limiting who they can play that mode with. I know a lot of PS4 players that are skipping the PS4 version and getting it on PC, and they aint buying a PS4 copy just for survival.  Now all their old friends on PS4 cant play that mode with them.

Nice job Sony punishing your playerbase as well.

This game was getting a lot of positive hype and this seems to have kind of killed it.  There is also leaks that actual guns will be locked behind their "Loot Crate"  system again, actual weapons, not just cosmetics, but guns.  Activison really is just the worst.  

• Thanks 1

Yeah really none of this is the developers fault and if anything, those still under Activision's thumb are suffering all that much worse for it after Bungie said "Go fuck yourself!" and went indie. There WAS a lot of positivity behind this next title but this right here, even IF it's allegedly "1%" of the game (*cough* bull shit) nearly all exclusivity deals are retarded and this one takes the cake on one of THE marquee titles of the year.

I was genuinely on the fence of wanting to pull the trigger and pre-order this or at the very least, wait for reviews which seemed as though they would end up being positive (up until this news, it was all looking aces.) and then pull the trigger on buying it outright. However, just on good principal alone (and being an XB1X user primarily), I now vehemently refuse to buy this title.

39 minutes ago, JPDunks4 said:

Really is bullshit.  The 1 week headstart on DLC maps is one thing, but to cut out an entire game mode for 2/3 of the player base that are paying the same exact same $ amount for access to the game, should be illegal.  If you want to cut the the mode out, then charge less on Xbox and PC.  I reall wish it would cause enough backlash that people would cancel preorders on Xbox and PC to say fuck you.  

I get that companies have been doing this forever, but it seems to be less and less popular these days. Wanna play cross play survival with ur xbox or pc buddies, too bad gotta wait a year.  It's not making the game better for PS4 players, its limiting who they can play that mode with. I know a lot of PS4 players that are skipping the PS4 version and getting it on PC, and they aint buying a PS4 copy just for survival.  Now all their old friends on PS4 cant play that mode with them.

Nice job Sony punishing your playerbase as well.

This game was getting a lot of positive hype and this seems to have kind of killed it.  There is also leaks that actual guns will be locked behind their "Loot Crate"  system again, actual weapons, not just cosmetics, but guns.  Activison really is just the worst.  

That's really what's bothering me. I don't even care about the game mode. If it would've been released exclusively for PS4 as a paid dlc game mode, I honestly wouldn't have batted an eye. But to withhold parts of a game and still charge the same price for it is downright sleazy.

It sucks for people interested in that particular mode,  but I am still buying because I can have the benefits of a controller on PC and play with console friends. If that is the deal Sony made to agree to crossplay, I would happily trade a game more I will never play for cross play. 

1 hour ago, Brick said:

The rumours/leaks that there will be paid loot boxes with guns (not just skins, actual new weapons) is even shittier than the Playstation exclusive side mode. That's a money grubbing, nickel and diming pay-to-win scheme. 

This is not a new trend with this series.

https://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2019-06-14-treyarch-responds-to-call-of-duty-black-ops-4s-dlc-weapons-loot-box-drama-with-contracts#comments

Nothing will change, people will preorder and buy it in droves.

2 hours ago, SimpleG said:

This is not a new trend with this series.

https://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2019-06-14-treyarch-responds-to-call-of-duty-black-ops-4s-dlc-weapons-loot-box-drama-with-contracts#comments

Nothing will change, people will preorder and buy it in droves.

Yes we will because it’s the best FPS multiplayer shooter on any platform. 🤷‍♀️

Nothing will change, people will bitch, moan, complain, and cry about it. 

On 9/23/2019 at 12:34 AM, SoberChef said:

Speaking of "git gud", tried out the MP that was all HUD-off and seemed as though the TTK was almost immediate. I did the best in that playlist and really enjoyed it, so much so that I even called it "my jam!" (Is that what the hip kids still say?)

Its still COD and plays & feels as such for myself. I really only want to play the campaign ... BUUUUUUUT ... this MIGHT be the first COD I buy since Black Ops 1

From all I’ve heard it sounds like Hardcore Team Death match. 

I don’t know if the mode disappeared from COD, but it was always my go to mode on COD4, MW2 and CODBLOPS2. Back then since the TTK was so low you’d see people playing a bit slower. Still moving around, but trying to be more aware of their surroundings. 

• 2 weeks later...