Call of Duty: Modern Warfare (2019) OT - Going Dark

I feel like they’ve been trying to soft reboot it for several years.

Just a name change and an introduction of a new storyline or something isn’t going to cut it. I think they need to come up with something entirely new. I have no idea what that is, and I don’t think they do either. 

I actually really enjoyed the most recent game, but I think that is mostly a function of me not playing one in 4-5 years. 

Really I think the thing they should do is make a totally separate and possibly even free to play Call of Duty multiplayer, don’t segregate players based on map packs, come up with some new ideas on progressions, skins, whatever, and get a little goofy with it. I think people are somewhat over a yearly release thing for multiplayer.

On 5/25/2019 at 8:21 PM, Xbob42 said:

Is it time for this franchise to finally die like every other Activision hit property? Boy I hope so!

I feel like so many of us have been saying this for so many years now to no avail. I honestly thought that WWII was a giant step in the right direction actually and it was my first enjoyable COD experience in years, then last year they're all "Fuck SP!" and I thought that would be the death knell, yet it wasn't. I just hope that this years' title will have a SP campaign as I have a lot of fun with those typically...when it's not inundated with inane "futuristic" BS.

32 minutes ago, Paperclyp said:

When they say cross play I assume they mean console to PC but not console to console?? 

Either way, I like that we’re in a place where “no season pass” is a feature lol. 

Why do you think that?  I fully take it to mean console to console as well.

Fortnite has it, Dauntless just launched with it.   I don’t see why CoD couldn’t do it.

6 hours ago, JPDunks4 said:

Why do you think that?  I fully take it to mean console to console as well.

Fortnite has it, Dauntless just launched with it.   I don’t see why CoD couldn’t do it.

Oh I hope so, I just assume it won’t be standard until it is, you know?

I saw a Eurogamer article that mentioned PC to console but not the other. I haven’t looked into it otherwise. 

Edit: It looks like it is cross play on console. Cool beans. 

PC to console will absolutely make the PC people using keyboard and mouse wreck the people using a controller. 

2 hours ago, SoberChef said:

OK, I WANT to believe!! MW is the series I love the most and seeing Price back brought such a huge smile to my face! Considering the fact that there will indeed be a campaign, I'm almost sold actually!

Seeing as this is a reboot, it would be a different Price. Like how the WWII CoDs had a Captain Price that is different than the one in CoD4. 

9 minutes ago, Brick said:

PC to console will absolutely make the PC people using keyboard and mouse wreck the people using a controller. 

I think it’s probably not as bad as people think, especially with a game that uses as much auto aim as COD.

But doesn’t like Fortnite only match you with PC peeps if you join a buddy who is on PC? I thought that’s how they did it. I bet they’ll allow you to opt in or out regardless. 

15 minutes ago, Paperclyp said:

I think it’s probably not as bad as people think, especially with a game that uses as much auto aim as COD.

But doesn’t like Fortnite only match you with PC peeps if you join a buddy who is on PC? I thought that’s how they did it. I bet they’ll allow you to opt in or out regardless. 

Fortnite matches you with the same control type lobbies.

So if you are 1 Console + 1 PC Player, you'll be matched up with other 1 Console + 1 PC Player.  I don't think you'll be lobbied with 2 PC players.  Its essnetially a Crossplay lobby so everyone in there is a mix of PC and Console.  

If you play on Console with Keyboard and Mouse I think u are put into a PC lobby.

I dont think there is any clarification on the Crossplay thing, but I'd wager it'll be cross play between all platforms.  I really hope so at least, and it becomes the norm.  That'll be such a huge thing for gaming to remove that barrier.

• Like 1

16 hours ago, Paperclyp said:

I now challenge you to a game where one of us is on kb/m and the other on controller! Lol