A Star Wars: Knights Of The Old Republic Movie Is Reportedly In The Works!

https://www.cinemablend.com/news/2472204/a-star-wars-knights-of-the-old-republic-movie-is-reportedly-in-the-works

Now Buzzfeed has heard from sources that Avatar and Shutter Island screenwriter Laeta Kalogridis is penning a Knights of the Old Republic movie, but that could end up being the first entry of a new trilogy.

Assuming this project moves forward, Kalogridis would be the first woman to write a Star Wars movie since Leigh Brackett, as she's credited as a co-writer on The Empire Strikes Back along side Lawrence Kasdan.

For the sake of argument, let’s assume that this Knights of the Old Republic movie is not connected to what David Benioff and D.B. Weiss are working, and let’s also assume that their movies form a trilogy. That means that if Knights of the Old Republic becomes a trilogy, and taking into account the trilogy that The Last Jedi director Rian Johnson is working on, that's three separate trilogies Star Wars fans can look forward to.

12 hours ago, number305 said:

Unnamed sources say a thing... then if you make three other wild assumptions and ignore other news directly from Disney then ... Blah.

Recent rumors suggested that Benioff and Weiss’ Star Wars films could be set in The Old Republic, a popular time period in the Star Wars universe popularized by BioWare’s Knights of the Old Republic game featuring iconic characters Darth Revan, Bastila Shan, and Darth Malak. The game would get a sequel in Knights of the Old Republic II: The Sith Lords. The time period would also receive its own MMO in Star Wars: The Old Republic.

Kennedy hinted that the new stories might actually be taking place set in the distant past in the Star Wars universe, “Yes, absolutely. I think that that’s absolutely on the horizon. We’re looking at whether we can move massively in one direction of the other. It’s still Star Wars, and holding on to the DNA of what George created is still very important to us.” She would add, “I think this is a huge opportunity to step into the galaxy in a little bit different part of the timeline.”

While Benioff, Weiss, and Rian might be central to the future of Star Wars, Kennedy did confirm they are looking for new talent, “We have a series of filmmakers that we’re bringing into the fold, that we can start to look at as directing talent, and we’re trying to bring women into the mix as well.” She added, “We’re making it very inclusive with the group of people that we’re pulling together.”

What news is being ignored?

15 hours ago, Remarkableriots said:

What news is being ignored?

The news that there are three movies on the schedule between now and 2027.  Also as far as I know it hasn't been confirmed the got guys are doing a trilogy.  You have to make several unsupported leaps in logic to suspect there are three trilogies in the works. 

The delicate snowflake in me hates this, but also the big kid in me hates this as well...

Disney can only ruin the perfect videogame story by bringing it to the big screen. They gotta get away from previous franchise notions and stories for a change and try making an original tale that won't step on anyone's toes. Here's a novel idea - make something that's not "A Long Time Ago..." but only "In a Galaxy Far, Far Away..."

• Haha 1

12 hours ago, number305 said:

The news that there are three movies on the schedule between now and 2027.  Also as far as I know it hasn't been confirmed the got guys are doing a trilogy.  You have to make several unsupported leaps in logic to suspect there are three trilogies in the works. 

https://www.starwars.com/news/game-of-thrones-creators-david-benioff-and-d-b-weiss-to-write-and-produce-a-new-series-of-star-wars-films

They are working on a “series” of films. I suppose that is true that series doesn’t necessarily mean trilogy :p