~*Official Prime Minister Liz Truss Thread of Anglo-Saxon Embarrassment*~

Unrelated to Johnson but 100% related to the English being stupid:

skynews-wages-currency-money_4192668.jpg
NEWS.SKY.COM

Andrew Bailey said in a BBC interview that a "moderation" in wage increases was needed to help curb inflation - but Downing Street said that was "not something that the prime minister is calling for".

Bank of England governor advised that workers in the UK not ask for raises this year.

22 minutes ago, SuperSpreader said:

1826.jpg?width=1200&height=630&quality=8
WWW.THEGUARDIAN.COM

Veep writer, Georgia Pritchett’s autobiography reveals US president’s Irish mother wrote poems calling for God to ‘rain blood’ on the English

YES

3 hours ago, SuperSpreader said:

1826.jpg?width=1200&height=630&quality=8
WWW.THEGUARDIAN.COM

Veep writer, Georgia Pritchett’s autobiography reveals US president’s Irish mother wrote poems calling for God to ‘rain blood’ on the English

YES

Did she hire a couple prostitues to urinate on it?

• Sicko 1

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...

I spent the first 20s of that video assuming it was a piss take, considering the hair…

…then it wasn’t, and as a teacher, with a wife as a nurse, I was slightly fucked off. I am however really looking forward to the next PMQs to see how BJ navigates an entire political system that now knows he’s a liar, has fucked up and takes zero ownership for his fuck ups.

465.jpg?width=1200&height=630&quality=85
WWW.THEGUARDIAN.COM

David Wolfson says behaviour of Boris Johnson and others in Downing Street ‘inconsistent with the rule of law’

Boris Johnson has been hit by the first ministerial resignation since he was fined by police for breaking Covid rules, as the justice minister, David Wolfson, said the prime minister’s actions were “inconsistent with the rule of law”.

Lord Wolfson said it would be wrong for “that conduct to pass with constitutional impunity, especially when many in society complied with the rules at great personal cost, and others were fined or prosecuted for similar, and sometimes apparently more trivial, offences.”

In a letter posted on Twitter, the Conservative peer added that he had “no option other than to tender my resignation”.

38 minutes ago, chakoo said:

This guy looks like what an AI would spit out if given a photo of a Karen and asked what the male version would look like. :thinking:

He looks like something you could get the Oblivion character creator to spit out if you're sufficiently dedicated to messing around with the settings.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
8 minutes ago, gamer.tv said:

So, there’s a chance that we may see the demise of Johnson today. Sadly, I think he’ll survive a vote if no confidence, but even now, can he really be a leader with a divided party? 

I'm fairly certain he'll survive as well and will continue to muddle along until the next general election.

23 minutes ago, CayceG said:

I know this says more about our government that this is my reaction, but I am incredibly puzzled by how something so small has turned into this massive political scandal. 

That's been largely been my reaction as well.

It just all seems like such "small potatoes" in the greater scheme of things.

32 minutes ago, CayceG said:

I know this says more about our government that this is my reaction, but I am incredibly puzzled by how something so small has turned into this massive political scandal. 

8 minutes ago, Commissar SFLUFAN said:

That's been largely been my reaction as well.

It just all seems like such "small potatoes" in the greater scheme of things.

There was a scandal in Canada a few years ago over a politician having $20 glasses of orange juice while overseas or something (actually in the UK, I think) and charging them to the public. A journalist summed it up pretty well. Paraphrasing off memory: 'People expect politicians to steal huge sums of money if they can, because it seems reasonable that most would take advantage of those kinds of situations where you have the power. But most people don't understand risking all the power you have over glasses of orange juice. The smaller the crime, the more dangerous it is, politically."

And I think that holds true, to some extent. If you found out a friend had stolen a bag of cash worth $10 million that happened to be dropped outside their office door at work, you might understand more than someone in the same position who stole a bunch of paperclips even though they knew they were being watched closely. It's about the risk/reward, and human behaviour. 

• True 1

58 minutes ago, silentbob said:

Bring back cursive writing to schools.

We teach it over here as a learned skill - clearly it’s not worked.

It is interesting about why the country cares, I think it ties in strongly with British values and the communal spirit of the initial lockdown, then it was blended with a good bit of social/mainstream media fury - and the fact as a country we are small, politics still can feel very personal. To the point my bosses, bosses, boss is one of the key cabinet members of the current government. It all feels very ‘close’.

Also, as a government they’ve performed shockingly and this is a wonderful excuse to rage against that particular political machine.

• Halal 2