NVIDIA Geforce RTX - Something super is coming teaser

3 hours ago, Spork3245 said:

It's probably a 2080 "S" which will fall between the 2080 and 2080 Ti. I'm not so sure it's going to be something faster than a 2080 Ti :p 

Pissed as in "Damn my best GPU lasted 3 days" pissed!

Hey @Spork3245 in case you missed my shout outs in the PC build thread, I really appreciated the help and guidance in building this new PC. One I will be able to enjoy for quite a few years down the road without even thinking of upgrading. You were right about getting the 2080ti over the 2080. I love this machine. Sounds funny, but it is far succeeding my expectations in 4k gaming.

I will say Battlefield V with HDR and RTX on, my CPU gets spikes upwards of 65-70c. its the only game so far that really gets this machine pushing. Has no problems holding well above 60fps though with the card only at around 75%! Good stuff . . . . 

1 hour ago, mikechorney said:

On 5/28/2019 at 8:36 PM, Spork3245 said:

It's probably a 2080 "S" which will fall between the 2080 and 2080 Ti. I'm not so sure it's going to be something faster than a 2080 Ti :p 

:sun:

• 2 weeks later...

More rumours on Nvidia Super -- Including new 2080Ti

Okay, disclaimer here, while I have been told that NVIDIA is preparing their announcement for 6/21, keep in mind they can move this date around a bit. That said, you are looking for an announcement pretty close to the start of summer, and this is likely going to be it. NVIDIA knew about AMD’s Navi GPU launch and the SUPER series has been designed to shed all the premium/margins Turing was enjoying and get very aggressive with positioning. Green is finally serious.

Turns out, there is an RTX 2080 Ti SUPER variant and its a brand new chip. It’s not an old part and it’s not a repurposed Quadro part (trust me, I asked). Oh, and its completely unlocked, meaning the AIBs can have 300 watts TDP on this thing if they wanted to – and knowing the insane custom designs that come out of AIBs, I wouldn’t be surprised to see this. I don’t have the exact specifications of the chip or the exact pricing yet but I am fairly confident this will have a higher core count as well as faster GDDR6 memory.

11 hours ago, Spork3245 said:

What TV uses DP? I use DP for my monitor :p 

I’ll be getting an HDMI 2.1 TV in the next 18 months, VRR is ridiculously important IMO.

I thought you games on your fancy expensive HDR G-Sync monitor. 

VRR is very important. My expectations on the initial implementation on TVs is not very high though. 

38 minutes ago, AbsolutSurgen said:

I thought you games on your fancy expensive HDR G-Sync monitor. 

Both :p 

I like to play from my couch wherever possible :sun:

38 minutes ago, AbsolutSurgen said:

VRR is very important. My expectations on the initial implementation on TVs is not very high though. 

It’s exactly the same as it is on monitors. XboneX already supports it on 2.1 TVs.

25 minutes ago, dualhunter said:

@Spork3245

https://www.anandtech.com/show/14535/realtek-demonstrates-rtd2173-displayport-14-to-hdmi-21-converter

If you're really lucky you might be able to get VRR on it like with G-sync on Freesync monitors.

I’d rather just wait for actual HDMI 2.1 ports on the RTX cards considering I have a 2080 Ti now :p 

1 minute ago, Spork3245 said:

If you’re referencing this the guy fixed the issue. HDR is fully compatible with VRR and low-latency gaming mode.

https://www.rtings.com/tv/reviews/lg/c9-oled

We tested it for compatibility with the Xbox One, and it does appear to work, but only in SDR. If HDR is enabled on the Xbox and you are in Game mode, the screen flickers constantly

Exclusive: NVIDIA RTX Super Graphics Cards Pricing, RTX 2080 SUPER $799 MSRP, RTX 2070 SUPER $599 MSRP and RTX 2060 SUPER for $429 MSRP

NVIDIA RTX SUPER Series Graphics Cards MSRP

Wccftech GPU MSRP
NVIDIA GeForce RTX 2080 Ti TU102A $1199.99
NVIDIA GeForce RTX 2080 Ti TU102 $999.99
NVIDIA Geforce RTX 2080 SUPER TU104-450 $799.99
NVIDIA GeForce RTX 2080 TU104A-400 $799.99
NVIDIA GeForce RTX 2080 TU104-400 $699.99
NVIDIA GeForce RTX 2070 SUPER TU104-410 $599.99
NVIDIA GeForce RTX 2070 TU106A-400 $599.99
NVIDIA GeForce RTX 2070 TU106-400 $499.99
NVIDIA GeForce RTX 2060 SUPER TU106-410 $429.99
NVIDIA GeForce RTX 2060 TU106A-400 $349.99

41 minutes ago, AbsolutSurgen said:

Same price as Nvidia, without the Ray Tracing.

The RVII is a serious joke, IMO. Same performance and price of its competitor, but less features and a much higher power draw. Unless you have some type of brand bias or REALLY need the 16gb of VRAM (olo) there’s zero reason to get it over a 2080.

AMD should have released it with 8-12gb of VRAM and shaved $100-200 off the price tag.

• 2 weeks later...