Terminator: Dark Fate Official trailer

17 minutes ago, SaysWho? said:

When most media, from movies the past century, to games the past few decades, to novels and plays, have male leads, yes, it's noteworthy to talk about it considering most generations who ever existed went their whole lives without seeing more of this. 

Sorry dude, in all the years of me growing up in such a barbaric time of inequality, not once did any review ever say "I love how there are 3 badass male leads!" as a selling point to a movie being good or not, and just because you throw women in such a statement today doesn't excuse how awful said statement is =/

3 minutes ago, IdeaOfEvil said:

Sorry dude, in all the years of me growing up in such a barbaric time of inequality, not once did any review ever say "I love how there are 3 badass male leads!" as a selling point to a movie being good or not, and just because you throw women in such a statement today doesn't excuse how awful said statement is =/

What's awful is that most of human history had very few women leads and now that it's becoming more frequent, you take issue with the mere mention of it. Ask yourself why it wasn't a big deal to see male leads in a piece of fiction.

2 minutes ago, IdeaOfEvil said:

Hopefully we reach a point where people can talk about a movie being entertaining and not if a movie is being socially responsible to it's current political climate. Geez...

Why not both?

2 minutes ago, TheLeon said:

Yeah, hopefully we reach a point where having strong female leads isn’t all that notable because it’s common. 

Exactly. Nobody says that about male leads because male leads and straight relationships have been mainstays for centuries.

That's why anger toward people noticing more women in lead roles, gay relationships, and creators utilizing women in leads more (and women getting into creator roles in general) is at best misguided.

1 minute ago, IdeaOfEvil said:

Hopefully we reach a point where people can talk about a movie being entertaining and not if a movie is being socially responsible to it's current political climate. Geez...

People are talking about this movie critically. That doesn't mean you don't talk about things that are changing after centuries of the same kind of lead in every story for most pieces of fiction.

Fiction has always been talked about in and compared to the current political climate at the time. 

1 hour ago, IdeaOfEvil said:

Cuz even if T3 T4 and T5 all suck, they still had redeeming qualities to them that shouldn't be ignored (Skynet killing Connor's generals as kids, John isn't just the leader of the resistance after the bombs fell, instead of Skynet just assassinating John they want to use him as a terminator model, etc...)

T3 isn’t as good as T2, but it’s nowhere near “suck”.

7 hours ago, Spork3245 said:

T3 isn’t as good as T2, but it’s nowhere near “suck”.

It still has a lot of problems. Some weak casting decisions for adult John and his (eventual) wife, the odd comedy for Arnold to go through, the T-1 models looking weak, etc...

I'm just saying that the Terminator movies after part 2 weren't all bad. And let's be honest, T2 has some glaring faults of its own.

Jesus f'n Christ... the audacity of the familiar faces around here who do all that they can to attack me and not care that they're defending bigotry as a result, and then pat each other on the backs like you're all not mentally ill.

Move on. Talk about this dam movie for a change, and stop trying to turn movie reviews into moral check marks that need to supersede entertainment.

:rolleyes:

11 minutes ago, IdeaOfEvil said:

Jesus f'n Christ... the audacity of the familiar faces around here who do all that they can to attack me and not care that they're defending bigotry as a result, and then pat each other on the backs like you're all not mentally ill.

Move on. Talk about this dam movie for a change, and stop trying to turn movie reviews into moral check marks that need to supersede entertainment.

:rolleyes:

I didn’t attack you, but you still didn’t bother to answer my question. Why can’t you talk both about the entertainment found in a movie and it’s place within the culture it was released? Are you also bothered by discussions of technical aspects of a film?

15 minutes ago, sblfilms said:

I didn’t attack you, but you still didn’t bother to answer my question. Why can’t you talk both about the entertainment found in a movie and it’s place within the culture it was released? Are you also bothered by discussions of technical aspects of a film?

Sorry, I wasn't really including your statement as any kind of attack on me. It was to the point, and it has merit behind it, and I didn't linger on what was being said by anyone who was posting about SJW-woke issues and not about the movie itself.

The fact is, I'm not trying to belabor the odd sexist and racist quotes being posted because they have nothing to do with this thread's talking point - Terminator Dark Fate. But I can only stay silent for so long before the trolling comments and the mental posts just keep growing and growing and need to be addressed.

Staying silent should be healthy for everyone when there are trolls. But it's hard when more than one person isn't mentally healthy to begin with. And people, please, try talking about this movie for a change. If you're just going to go on some tangent about users not being woke enough, at least try and tie it in to talking about the movie. It's all I did in this thread, yet here were are.

15 hours ago, IdeaOfEvil said:

Sorry, I wasn't really including your statement as any kind of attack on me. It was to the point, and it has merit behind it, and I didn't linger on what was being said by anyone who was posting about SJW-woke issues and not about the movie itself.

The fact is, I'm not trying to belabor the odd sexist and racist quotes being posted because they have nothing to do with this thread's talking point - Terminator Dark Fate. But I can only stay silent for so long before the trolling comments and the mental posts just keep growing and growing and need to be addressed.

Staying silent should be healthy for everyone when there are trolls. But it's hard when more than one person isn't mentally healthy to begin with. And people, please, try talking about this movie for a change. If you're just going to go on some tangent about users not being woke enough, at least try and tie it in to talking about the movie. It's all I did in this thread, yet here were are.

Bullshit.

You opened this door after the link to early reactions was posted with your immediate response of the "SJW access media comments". You started this, and people came to correct your sexism and misogyny that you refuse to see exists in your posts. Not trying to belabor the point? You bring it up first in threads constantly, it's a fucking running joke now.

You do whatever you want, but there's a reason tons of reasonable posters are trying to educate you (why they waste their time I don't know). If everyone in the room is calling you an asshole, you don't get to defend yourself - you don't get to make that determination. It means you're probably the asshole. In this case, sexist/whatever. It's not SJW to demand equal rights and more importantly equally considered treatment for all groups an irritation that's too "in your face", and diversifying stories in fiction can only help, not harm, art.

Let me try to illustrate: I was watching this video with some comedians in it recently (Comedians in Cars Getting Coffee; episode with Ricky Gervais and Jerry Seinfeld, China part 1 - it's on Netflix) and they bemoaned that they clearly couldn't tell good "ironic" jokes anymore - Gervais explained that "of course not every Chinese person is the same, I know the holocaust is bad, etc."). What he and Seinfeld fail to understand is that 2016 fundamentally changed this country - a large portion of the country realized that another portion of the country (the 30% of the American electorate who will always support Donald Trump) DID NOT understand these jokes ironically as intended, and simply believed at face value the "ironic" racist and sexist jokes, etc. because they're simply too dumb to understand irony or metaphor (these are the same people who misinterpret American History X, Fight Club, Spring Breakers, Breaking Bad, etc.). What we all had originally presumed was a very small portion of the country is actually 30% of the American electorate and the country now realizes that we can't all assume everyone in this country understands irony, etc. anymore because it's now shown THEY DON'T. They take is seriously and let it fuel their VERY REAL culture of hate (cruelty is the point, etc.). Female, progressive, and minority artists are feeling under siege right now - their rights being taken away, their treatment still unequal. So now there is a push to educate the country culturally to fight this VERY REAL THREAT. Do I think comedians should stop being edgy and not tell ironic jokes? Of course not. Do I think a portion of this country needs an aggressive and strong (but well done in art) re-education? YES. Surely you grasp that? Anyone who follows politics even a little should understand this. It's been three years now, the ideaologies ARE IN.

Believe people when they tell you who they are.

• Guillotine 1
  • Thanks 3

9 hours ago, Greatoneshere said:

Believe people when they tell you who they are.

Wowzerz, just... dear God.

You should Google search the word "Idioms," and then read through a lot of the examples that are given. Please try and get a good grasp and what they mean, cuz I bet you're going to find a lot of commonalities between what's being said and what you are always trying to say here. Woof...

Aaaaand, blocked.

3 minutes ago, IdeaOfEvil said:

Wowzerz, just... dear God.

You should Google search the word "Idioms," and then read through a lot of the examples that are given. Please try and get a good grasp and what they mean, cuz I bet you're going to find a lot of commonalities between what's being said and what you are always trying to say here. Woof...

Aaaaand, blocked.

Oh wow a horrible poster blocked me. How terrible. While the intelligent owner of the board liked my post. I wonder if I'm way off base or not. The assumption I don't understand idioms is nigh hilarious. Because what exactly do idioms have to do with your consistent sexism?

@IdeaOfEvil is an idiot. The verdict is in. 

I wish @IdeaOfEvil would answer my very respectfully asked question of “why not both?” Even if you don’t find a particular line of discussion interesting, why oppose those who want to discuss things within a different context than simply the entertainment value. Similarly, why can’t the demographic makeup of the cast, and/or their roles being out of the norm not be part of what entertains?