Terminator: Dark Fate Official trailer

1 hour ago, Keyser_Soze said:

Same. I saw it in theaters and enjoyed it. In fact the only one I really didn't like was Salvation.

My comment was mainly for all the haters who don't like T3.

Salvation is the worse of them... Three gets a bad rap but it's actually not bad at all. Genysis would have been a lot more enjoyable if the marketing hadn't spoiled the whole damn movie. In fact if you marathon the whole series of films they're pretty enjoyable. The Sarah Connor series wasn't bad either.

56 minutes ago, Keyser_Soze said:

TSCC was better than the new movies when it was on TV.

As for Genysis I don't think the marketing spoiled anything, at least not the big twist about what Genysis actually is.

The marketing spoiled a ton of shit... it was a big story that year that the trailers gave away too much. Stuff that wasn't intended to be seen in trailers.

https://www.indiewire.com/2015/06/terminator-genisys-director-alan-taylor-says-spoiler-heavy-trailers-were-a-marketing-department-decision-262511/

34 minutes ago, skillzdadirecta said:

The marketing spoiled a ton of shit... it was a big story that year that the trailers gave away too much. Stuff that wasn't intended to be seen in trailers.

I guess I should say the marketing didn't spoil anything FOR ME, and I even read the terminator daddy stuff.

Your mileage may vary. :peace:

10 minutes ago, Greatoneshere said:

In no world is Terminator: Genysis better than Terminator: Salvation. Salvation's aesthetic, score, cinematography, and action sequences were all fantastic, even if it was lacking in the story department. Genysis is a shit show of a movie. 

The only thing interesting about Salvation was the human terminator. The rest was awful, and how dare you hold McG in such high regard!

I still want the following movie:

In the mid-21st century the world is at peace. The machine wars were averted thanks to the efforts of Sarah Connor (who is praised as a hero), and non-sentient machines serve humankind and make our lives easy. Human muscle is no longer needed, and pursuits of the body are mocked while pursuits of the mind are praised. Muscly blue-collar people are put out of work by machines and are looked down upon by society. One of them stumbles across a time machine that is being researched, and uses it to go back in time to kill Sarah Connor as a child. Humans, realizing they must save her, send a prototype intelligent machine to save her.

So basically a reversal of the first one, with humans being the bad guys and machines being the good guys. Make it a small movie set in the 60s or 70s.

48 minutes ago, Keyser_Soze said:

The only thing interesting about Salvation was the human terminator. The rest was awful, and how dare you hold McG in such high regard!

And he was miscast and the film's ending was rewritten when Bale's star power blew up because of his Batman films. Salvation COULD have been good... but it definitely had a "film by committee" feel to it. They even included Giant machines reminiscent of the Transformer movies because those were popular at the time. Neither Salvation OR Genisys are good movies, so arguing about which is better is kinda pointless.

1 hour ago, Keyser_Soze said:

I think McG is a terrible director but he went all out on this film. I think people need to rewatch it. When the giant robot first shows up it's played more for horror and the action scene is well executed. The moto-terminators were cool and deadly too. I dunno, it was a fun Terminator post-apocalypse movie. The one take shot with Bale in the helicopter after a nuke goes off is a great post prologue opening. It's lacking in characters and story to a degree (though Sam Worthington and Anton Yelchin are surprisingly good) but it's pretty good in every other respect (director's cut helps a lil). 

52 minutes ago, CitizenVectron said:

I still want the following movie:

In the mid-21st century the world is at peace. The machine wars were averted thanks to the efforts of Sarah Connor (who is praised as a hero), and non-sentient machines serve humankind and make our lives easy. Human muscle is no longer needed, and pursuits of the body are mocked while pursuits of the mind are praised. Muscly blue-collar people are put out of work by machines and are looked down upon by society. One of them stumbles across a time machine that is being researched, and uses it to go back in time to kill Sarah Connor as a child. Humans, realizing they must save her, send a prototype intelligent machine to save her.

So basically a reversal of the first one, with humans being the bad guys and machines being the good guys. Make it a small movie set in the 60s or 70s.

I see you watch MovieBob videos too. 

Salvation for me was only interesting in that the role reversal. John Connor had to keep his child father alive so that he could later send him back. Genysis was interesting in that it played with the fact they have a time machine and that like the other movies those actions keep changing the future but only delay the outcome. That movie was really banking on a sequel. Also Enjoyed that someone thought about sending a terminator further back in time and not later.

• 3 months later...

God dammit if it wasn't for the last few movies which were either clusterfucks or just didn't pan out due to whatever reason, a part of me WANTS to actually be excited for this.

Genuinely, this final trailer looked pretty freaking good and IF we had gotten such a thing 10 or even 20 years ago, this might very well be THE biggest movie of the year but alas the IP has been kinda drove into the ground. Even if it is ACTUALLY super great, it won't make the numbers and that breaks my goddamn heart.

I'm still not feeling it.

T1 was good because it succeeded in introducing us to a new kind of monster both physically imposing and psychologically teriffying in its nature.

T2 was good because along with well-directed action and acting, it had something to say about humanity.

This looks like its there because money and doesn't really have anything to say. Maybe they have something to say about transhumanism?

And I say that even though Hamilton was (is?) amazing and I love Mackenzie Davis.

I'm biased because I absolutely LOVE The Terminator and the first movie has a special place in my heart due to it being one of the catalysts that made me want to grow up to be a filmmaker. That said, I feel like out of five Terminator films, we have two great ones, one good one, one ok one and one bad one. Better average than most series I'm looking at you Predator and Aliens :p

I'm cautiously optimistic about this one with Miller at the helm.

On 5/24/2019 at 10:47 AM, Greatoneshere said:

In no world is Terminator: Genysis better than Terminator: Salvation. Salvation's aesthetic, score, cinematography, and action sequences were all fantastic, even if it was lacking in the story department. Genysis is a shit show of a movie. 

mark me down as another person that enjoyed Salvation.. flawed as it is Salvation still “feels” Terminator... continuity hiccups and all.

As others said Rise of the Machines isnt completely terrible it just had too great a lineage to live up to

• 1 month later...

Gotta love those SJW access media comments. Better slip in how this movie is awesome because it has 3 female leads being all badass so woke studios will keep inviting you back to critic screenings, lol

Anywho, I just hope the Force Awakens comparisons aren't too on the nose with this movie repeating T2 beat for beat. Cuz even if T3 T4 and T5 all suck, they still had redeeming qualities to them that shouldn't be ignored (Skynet killing Connor's generals as kids, John isn't just the leader of the resistance after the bombs fell, instead of Skynet just assassinating John they want to use him as a terminator model, etc...)

1 minute ago, IdeaOfEvil said:

Gotta love those SJW access media comments. Better slip in how this movie is awesome because it has 3 female leads being all badass so woke studios will keep inviting you back to critic screenings, lol

Anywho, I just hope the Force Awakens comparisons aren't too on the nose with this movie repeating T2 beat for beat. Cuz even if T3 T4 and T5 all suck, they still had redeeming qualities to them that shouldn't be ignored (Skynet killing Connor's generals as kids, John isn't just the leader of the resistance after the bombs fell, instead of Skynet just assassinating John they want to use him as a terminator model, etc...)

When most media, from movies the past century, to games the past few decades, to novels and plays, have male leads, yes, it's noteworthy to talk about it considering most generations who ever existed went their whole lives without seeing more of this.