Terminator: Dark Fate Official trailer

Tim Miller was literally crying on stage talking about making this movie during his Cinemacon presentation. I’m at least glad it’s being made by somebody who cares.

8 minutes ago, Keyser_Soze said:

It didn't help Terminator 3

Meh, Terminator 3: Rise of the Machines isn't as good as The Terminator or Terminator 2: Judgment Day, but you won't find me bagging on it too hard. It has some truly dated and stupid moments, but overall the story goes in the only logical places it can go, and the movie had the balls to do the only ending it could given it was a refutation of Terminator 2's ethos. It's got some good and fun action scenes, a lot of practical effects, etc. If Dark Fate is even as good as Terminator 3 I'd take that as a win at this point. But I enjoy Terminator: Salvation so I know I'm in the minority on this. Maybe it's because I'm okay with movies in a franchise being just "good enough" rather than having to meet the quality of its best entry (in this case, Terminator 2) every time a new one comes out. A lot of franchises don't even get "good enough" in later films (see Terminator itself with Terminator: Genysis). 

• Like 1

This franchise should never have continued after T2.

That said, Mackenzie Davis is great, having Linda Hamilton back is awesome, and Tim Miller directing gives me some hope.

Still, this is one of those franchises that I feel like a really talented cast and crew still can't save. Tell me those folks are making a new action movie and I'm hyped to hell and back. Make it a Terminator film and I'm less than convinced.

Just now, Greatoneshere said:

As I said in a previous post, it only considers The Terminator and Terminator 2: Judgment Day as canon and is a sequel to those films, ignoring the rest of them completely. 

Then why is Arnold there looking like his Genisys character? 

4 minutes ago, Spork3245 said:

Then why is Arnold there looking like his Genisys character? 

Fuck if I know. This is according to all reports: 

https://www.forbes.com/sites/scottmendelson/2019/05/23/terminator-dark-fate-trailer-arnold-schwarzenegger-linda-hamiilton-sarah-connor-james-cameron/#74e33ebb776f

It's known as a "legacy sequel" which is what the recent Halloween film did as well as what Prometheus and Alien: Covenant did. 

• Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, Greatoneshere said:

https://www.forbes.com/sites/scottmendelson/2019/05/23/terminator-dark-fate-trailer-arnold-schwarzenegger-linda-hamiilton-sarah-connor-james-cameron/#74e33ebb776f

It's known as a "legacy sequel" which is what the recent Halloween film did as well as what Prometheus and Alien: Covenant did. 

It’s all a work, you dirty mark!

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, Greatoneshere said:

I have no idea how this information ties in... but Brett Azar is a bodybuilder who was the body stand in for the T-800 in Genisys (they CGI put Arnold's face on him) and he is in Dark Fate as well in the same role.  So I don't know if Genisys is part of the history (future?) of this movie or not, but I'm pretty sure we will be seeing the old (young) version of Arnold.  

16 minutes ago, number305 said:

I have no idea how this information ties in... but Brett Azar is a bodybuilder who was the body stand in for the T-800 in Genisys (they CGI put Arnold's face on him) and he is in Dark Fate as well in the same role.  So I don't know if Genisys is part of the history (future?) of this movie or not, but I'm pretty sure we will be seeing the old (young) version of Arnold.  

It's been said multiple times that Dark Fate only takes Terminator and Terminator 2 into account. The rest is just homage or inspiration, but not canon. :) 

2 minutes ago, Greatoneshere said:

It's been said multiple times that Dark Fate only takes Terminator and Terminator 2 into account. The rest is just homage or inspiration, but not canon. :) 

We should take bets on what the first movie series will Legacy Sequel existing Legacy Sequels.  My money is on Alien.  Someday someone will make a movie and say 'yeah ignore Prometheus'.

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, number305 said:

Are you thinking of Salvation?

1 hour ago, number305 said:

We should take bets on what the first movie series will Legacy Sequel existing Legacy Sequels.  My money is on Alien.  Someday someone will make a movie and say 'yeah ignore Prometheus'.

We almost got it from Neill Blomkamp with his movie taking place after the 2nd, but  ignoring Aliens 3 and beyond. Now he’s doing RoboCop which I think is taking place after the 2nd movie and ignoring the 3rd movie and made for TV movies that were in the same time frame 

9 hours ago, Greatoneshere said:

Meh, Terminator 3: Rise of the Machines isn't as good as The Terminator or Terminator 2: Judgment Day, but you won't find me bagging on it too hard.

Same. I saw it in theaters and enjoyed it. In fact the only one I really didn't like was Salvation.

My comment was mainly for all the haters who don't like T3.