How many hours weekly do you usually work?

Remarkableriots

While my job is F/T, there's always extra shifts in need of coverage so I can average anywhere from 50-70 more often than not. I believe my annual income for the last 5+ years has been 1 hour of OT for every 2.5 worked. (I'm a bit of a workaholic truth be told.)

While I was living with my parents I was working about 30 hours. I regularly took Wednesday's off because it was overlap day between front half and back half (I work 4-10's).

Now that I'm living elsewhere I usually tough it out on Wednesday even though its incredibly boring at work. 

I'm salaried but have enough clout and seniority to have basically told them that all kinds of unpaid OT isn't happening anymore after years of busting my ass like that.

It used to be too much per week, now it's 40 to 45 per week. 

I'll definitely put in an extra hour or whatever if I want to get a project done, I'm totally fine with that, but my boss and I have a great relationship actually and I know he values me too much to try to bully me into any shit I don't want to do. 

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I have about 10 hours a week of things I have to get done, and the rest just depends on what’s going on. Typical week is probably in the 20 hour range, though I’m always on call and I answer emails/calls/texts all day every day.

i used to work a ton of overtime - i probably went 8+ years working at least 60hrs a week. Then they decided that they wanted to move me to salary (for a small bump in my base and a potential higher bonus, which never happened). Now, 40hrs is all they get.