They installed the new equipment at work....

Remarkableriots

This new parking equipment we have is sooooo complicated! Not only did we get new equipment they also raised the hourly rate and lowered how many validations we accept from two to one.I got like 5 minutes of training on this new equipment which is nothing like the old equipment. This is my first night back after taking 5 days off and I'm panicking so much right now! it looks like I'm not getting fired but i might have a stroke before tonight is over.

1 hour ago, Remarkableriots said:

Someone from corporate has to come and renegotiate the contract but that isn't a priority for them.

Get together with your fellow employees and don’t show up for work. Bet it becomes a priority real quick.  

5 hours ago, SFLUFAN said:

In an at-will employment state like Nevada, they'd be sacked faster than you can blink.

4 hours ago, kittykat said:

Isn’t every state at-will employment? 

Also maybe not. Might not be worth the trouble of hiring everyone brand new. Depends on the situation TBH. 

And what does he have to lose? The job sucks, he barely makes enough to eat food everyday, and he’s probably going to be fired soon and replaced by a machine. 

2 hours ago, Biggie said:

And what does he have to lose? The job sucks, he barely makes enough to eat food everyday, and he’s probably going to be fired soon and replaced by a machine. 

Found out the machines they went with which were cheaper doesn't take cash so they still need us to do that.

• 2 weeks later...

They have already had to completely replace one entrance and one exit kiosk machine this past week. In the automated exit lane a tiny piece of metal bent on the gate arm so the gate arm isn't sturdy when it raises and we had to close that lane. The other exit lane we use a drunk woman hit the exit gate arm and it has basically fallen apart. We have to keep the arm up until it gets repaired. If you lower it the gate just hits the ground.