Mortal Kombat reboot

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Man after watching Mile 22 and how offensively fucking bad that movie was, simply having actors that are good at stunts ain't doing it for me. The movie had fucking Iko Uwais and chopped his scenes to dog shit. I was offended by how bad that movie was.

• Thanks 1

On 4/17/2021 at 2:00 AM, Fizzzzle said:

Man after watching Mile 22 and how offensively fucking bad that movie was, simply having actors that are good at stunts ain't doing it for me. The movie had fucking Iko Uwais and chopped his scenes to dog shit. I was offended by how bad that movie was.

Because very few Hollywood directors know how to shoot and edit action. 

I'll be getting off work in another 12 hours, take my wife out for breakfast to our favorite diner, grab some groceries, head home while I anxiously await the arrival & delivery of my new offset smoker/grill combo & watch this in the interim. Also will be going to a theater on Sunday to see it w/ a buddy!

I'm about 1/4 of the way through the movie and its... not good. Not horrible, but really, really not good. The acting sucks, the fight scenes so far are chopped to pieces, the backstory isn't explained whatsoever (not that the lore of Mortal Kombat is really that clear to begin with). We'll see if it all comes together

39 minutes ago, Fizzzzle said:

I'm about 1/4 of the way through the movie and its... not good. Not horrible, but really, really not good. The acting sucks, the fight scenes so far are chopped to pieces, the backstory isn't explained whatsoever (not that the lore of Mortal Kombat is really that clear to begin with). We'll see if it all comes together

Keep your unwarranted negativity to yourself. Booo this man. Booooooooo

• Thanks 1

50 minutes ago, Fizzzzle said:

Well of course you are not enjoying it, you are not under the influence of marijuana. 

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, Mercury33 said:

Keep your unwarranted negativity to yourself. Booo this man. Booooooooo

Half Baked Reaction GIF

I finished the movie... it was ok. About as good as you would expect a Mortal Kombat movie to be. It really is a setup to a series of movies I think. It's interesting that characters actually die (although I doubt death is permanent in this world). Fight scenes range from ok to decent and the same with VFX. This movie is definitely better than the first two from back in the day. Turn your brain off and watch the blood fly :lol:

6 hours ago, silentbob said:

I want to watch and already hope they do a 2nd movie. Just find a better director and for the love of god hire Gareth Evans of The Raid series to get some cool as fight scenes

That is actually a solid idea. 

• Like 1

Is it true that Cole isn't based on any character from the games?  Does it at least feel like a justified creative choice, or does the movie center around him because of "we wanted to make a new character to function as a guide into the world of MK for viewers" reasons, as though a character in the lore couldn't have the same purpose?

46 minutes ago, heydude93 said:

Is it true that Cole isn't based on any character from the games?  Does it at least feel like a justified creative choice, or does the movie center around him because of "we wanted to make a new character to function as a guide into the world of MK for viewers" reasons, as though a character in the lore couldn't have the same purpose?

It's true he's not based on a game character, but I wouldn't be surprised if there is some twist at the end going, "he's one of the ninjas" or something

1 hour ago, Brick said:

It's true he's not based on a game character, but I wouldn't be surprised if there is some twist at the end going, "he's one of the ninjas" or something

If he's not revealed to be Kuai Liang or something and remains a movie-exclusive character it seems like a genuinely baffling creative choice for a movie that seems to put so much effort in making this a definitive adaptation of the source material.

My expectations were low but holy crap was that bad. There are like 189 MK characters to pick from and they still made a brand new one for the movie lead and he sucks. And all this talk about the MK tournament and there wasn't even a freaking tournament. lol

The last fight was decent at best but this movie overall was hot garbage.

1 hour ago, heydude93 said:

Is it true that Cole isn't based on any character from the games?

MK Characters have cool names and Cole doesn't fall into that category

1 hour ago, heydude93 said:

"we wanted to make a new character to function as a guide into the world of MK for viewers" reasons, as though a character in the lore couldn't have the same purpose?

I haven't seen it but this is my assumption. :p