Steam Link app finally available for iOS and Apple TV

atom631

3 hours ago, Spork3245 said:

When streaming at home you should be able to use whatever controller is synced with your PC since it’s just acting as a screen mirror.

For internet/non-local streaming - Can a PS4 controller sync to iOS like it can on Android?

Your PC would have to be within range/line of sight for the controller to work. Probably defeats the purpose then. 

I heard there are ways to get a PS4 controller to work using the Sony streaming app and switching profiles or something. Don’t think it’ll work with the steam app. 

34 minutes ago, atom631 said:

Your PC would have to be within range/line of sight for the controller to work. Probably defeats the purpose then. 

I heard there are ways to get a PS4 controller to work using the Sony streaming app and switching profiles or something. Don’t think it’ll work with the steam app. 

It definitely doesn't have to be in the line of sight, it's not using infrared. The range on my Xbone PC Wireless Adapter is well over 50 feet as I can be on the opposite side of my house and upstairs and it'll still reach when streaming using my shield.

2 hours ago, Spork3245 said:

It definitely doesn't have to be in the line of sight, it's not using infrared. The range on my Xbone PC Wireless Adapter is well over 50 feet as I can be on the opposite side of my house and upstairs and it'll still reach when streaming using my shield.

Really? Mine doesn’t work on the opposite side of the room, about 50’ away. 

On 5/16/2019 at 10:11 PM, Spork3245 said:

Which adapter are you using? Xbone controllers have a range of 30+ feet.

No adapters. I’m using my Xbox, which is in my tv console. I would say 30’ makes sense. My PC is in my office in the basement. No controller will reach. I have to use either the steam controller or the nimbus. Hopefully Apple adds support for PS4 and/or Xbox controllers. 

17 hours ago, atom631 said:

No adapters. I’m using my Xbox, which is in my tv console. I would say 30’ makes sense. My PC is in my office in the basement. No controller will reach. I have to use either the steam controller or the nimbus. Hopefully Apple adds support for PS4 and/or Xbox controllers. 

Ah, yea, I'm talking about the PC adapter. The new controllers use Bluetooth (I think?) so I don't know their range. The PC adapter seems to go through my ceiling to my bedroom with no connectivity issues, though. :sun: 

• 2 weeks later...