Super Mario Maker 2 OT

Pikachu

• 2 weeks later...
51 minutes ago, Paperclyp said:

When and in what context?

This is very specifically a Nintendo thing. 

No it is not. 

Not being able to play online co-op was a thing back when Journey came out on PS3.

It was a dumb move by Playstation then, and it is a dumb move by Nintendo now.

Let us play with our friends, game makers. This shouldn’t be a hurdle we have to deal with. 

40 minutes ago, GameDadGrant said:

No it is not. 

Not being able to play online co-op was a thing back when Journey came out on PS3.

It was a dumb move by Playstation then, and it is a dumb move by Nintendo now.

Let us play with our friends, game makers. This shouldn’t be a hurdle we have to deal with. 

That's a very specific thing to Journey, a single game that that wasn't developed by Sony (they published it), and the not having the choice of who you paired with was central to the creator's intent with the narrative of the game. Meeting up with a stranger is the POINT of Journey. 

It has also subsequently been released recently (on PC) with the same concept - you don't get to choose nor even get to know who you're matched with. 

It's just not even close to what we're talking about here with a multiplayer mario game. 

This is closer to Halo coming out and you only getting to play with randoms, rather than a super specific indie game whose intent was to get you to connect with and feel for complete and total strangers. Not even CLOSE to the same thing.

Yeah, it’s more important when it’s a Nintendo thing. No one is happy about this, including me. 

But no one gets off saying this is a Nintendo-specific thing when the exact same fucking shit happened YEARS ago in a successful Sony-published game. Playstation gets a pass. Nintendon’t. 

You guys. C’mon. 

38 minutes ago, Keyser_Soze said:

Grant gonna Grant.

frustrated x files GIF by The X-Files

LOL! I always look forward to your posts. Please never change! 

• Thanks 1

Just now, GameDadGrant said:

Yeah, it’s more important when it’s a Nintendo thing. No one is happy about this, including me. 

But no one gets off saying this is a Nintendo-specific thing when the exact same fucking shit happened YEARS ago in a successful Sony-please published game. Playstation gets a pass. Nintendon’t. 

No really, like, you’re wrong. I don’t mean to for that to sound rude or abrasive or anything - you’re just not correct in your assessment here.

It’s not a Sony thing. Journey is available now on PC and you cannot pick who you play it with. It is central to what that game is, it has nothing to do with Sony or sony’s online philosophy. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Paperclyp said:

No really, like, you’re wrong. I don’t mean to for that to sound rude or abrasive or anything - you’re just not correct in your assessment here.

It’s not a Sony thing. Journey is available now on PC and you cannot pick who you play it with. It is central to what that game is, it has nothing to do with Sony or sony’s online philosophy. 

Dude, it’s cool. You can say whatever to me, I’ll never be offended by you. We’ve kinda “known” each other for years since the IGN days. Say what you want to me - even if it’s “rude” - I can take it. :) 

Journey was published on PS3, by Sony. End of story for me, as far as that goes. All I’m saying is; this ‘random online players only’ is not without precedent. It is absolutely NOT a Nintendo-only thing. Journey is legit proof of that. It is factually undeniable. Period.

That said, it’s still dumb. No friends playing online?!? Crazy. This is apparently against even Nintendo’s online philosophy, which is always more inclusive. This is just...weird. 

And, as I’ve always said...dumb.

1 minute ago, GameDadGrant said:

Dude, it’s cool. You can say whatever to me, I’ll never be offended by you. We’ve kinda “known” each other for years since the IGN days. Say what you want to me - even if it’s “rude” - I can take it. :) 

Journey was published on PS3, by Sony. End of story for me, as far as that goes. All I’m saying is; this ‘random online players only’ is not without precedent. It is absolutely NOT a Nintendo-only thing. Journey is legit proof of that. It is factually undeniable. Period.

That said, it’s still dumb. No friends playing online?!? Crazy. This is apparently against even Nintendo’s online philosophy, which is always more inclusive. This is just...weird. 

And, as I’ve always said...dumb.

I will always like you GDG. You are a helluva nice guy. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Paperclyp said:

I will always like you GDG. You are a helluva nice guy. 

I feel the same way about you! Regardless of what is said online, please always know you’re cool in my book. 

Now if we can just get Nintendo to stop making dumb decisions about online play, we’d be all set. :call:

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...