Polygon pulls a Polygon

Mr.Vic20

1 minute ago, crispy4000 said:

This solution is still inadequate considering you’d still be killing hundreds of cleft lip horror monsters.  This idea that a few good guy npcs with it could change the tone of all that slaughter is naive.

If the goal is to be culturally sensitive, the only real option is to take it out.  Also, all traits a person with a disfigurement, disability or marginalized trait could be offended by if portrayed as horror.

At that point, I doubt such monsters would have many humanized traits at all.

If you say so, fella.

8 hours ago, fuckle85 said:

If you say so, fella.

I’m open for a discussion on it.

I’ve admittedly said the same thing several times now about the death toll / cognitive dissonance issue. I don’t think there’s much interest.  Still think it’s the elephant in the room here.

23 minutes ago, crispy4000 said:

I’m open for a discussion on it.

I’ve admittedly said the same thing several times now about the death toll / cognitive dissonance issue. I don’t think there’s much interest.  Still think it’s the elephant in the room here.

I'm not!

But mainly because of your despicably insensitive opinions on fat people in this thread (or LBGT - large big guys in t-shirts - to use the preferred nomenclature).  How DARE you, sir. All of your opinions are hereby void because of that 

12 hours ago, fuckle85 said:

I'm not!

But mainly because of your despicably insensitive opinions on fat people in this thread (or LBGT - large big guys in t-shirts - to use the preferred nomenclature).  How DARE you, sir. All of your opinions are hereby void because of that 

If this isn’t sarcasm...

What even are the opinions on fat people I’ve given?

I used it as an example to show that the argument can be taken further than birth defects or disfigurement.

I don’t think people are typically aware of how many times overweight characters are portrayed as bad guys, as Bacon said.  They have as much to complain about as anyone else.