Trump pardons ranchers in case that inspired 2016 occupation of national wildlife refuge in Oregon

http://www.chicagotribune.com/news/nationworld/politics/ct-trump-pardon-dwight-steven-hammond-20180710-story.html

President Donald Trump has pardoned two ranchers whose case sparked the armed occupation of a national wildlife refuge in Oregon.

Dwight and Steven Hammond were convicted in 2012 of intentionally and maliciously setting fires on public lands. The arson crime carried a minimum prison sentence of five years, but a sympathetic federal judge, on his last day before retirement, decided the penalty was too stiff and gave the father and son much lighter prison terms.

Prosecutors won an appeal and the Hammonds were resentenced in October 2015 to serve the mandatory minimum.

The decision sparked a protest from Ammon Bundy and dozens of others, who occupied the Malheur National Wildlife Refuge near the Hammond ranch in southeastern Oregon from Jan. 2 to Feb. 11, 2016, complaining the Hammonds were victims of federal overreach.

I thought it was BS how these guys got thrown back in jail after they were released.  I think this was a good move on the part of the President. 

Your title is incorrect. "Fucking moron pardons cowardly terrorists" would have been more appropriate. Fuck these guys. They took over government property and held it by force. They threatened federal employees who were forced to kill one of them for being a fucking idiot. No sympathy for these cunts. But I guess they don't need it now.

11 minutes ago, GeneticBlueprint said:

Your title is incorrect. "Fucking moron pardons cowardly terrorists" would have been more appropriate. Fuck these guys. They took over government property and held it by force. They threatened federal employees who were forced to kill one of them for being a fucking idiot. No sympathy for these cunts. But I guess they don't need it now.

Wrong people.  These guys were in jail and couldn’t be in the takeover.  Those dipshits were actually acquitted because fuck everything.

Fully agree with GeneticBlueprint.

Fuck these ranchers. The Hammonds are arsonists who failed to receive the minimum sentence for their crime due to suspicious judicial bias.

The Bundys are the slime of America. Parasitic welfare queens trying to make a fortune off of the destruction of public lands while waving their pocket Constitutions and draping themselves in the flag. Self-styled American vigilante hero-patriots who have drummed up the support of slack-jawed idiot "constitutionalists" everywhere. The whole lot of them can get fucked.

The fact that Trump is doing anything about this scares me, as it means that idiot Bundy sympathizers are whispering in his ear and guiding his hand.

3 minutes ago, GeneticBlueprint said:

Fuck me. I can't distinguish one redneck fucktard from another. Sorry about that.

The Hammonds are still horrible idiots cut from the same cloth as the Bundys.

They just aren't the ones directly responsible for the Malheur fiasco.