Update: Iraqi court issues arrest warrant for Insurrectionist-in-Chief over killing of paramilitary leader last January

47 minutes ago, chakoo said:

Wow, trump is really gunning to fuck this country over for years. Just wait till the shit he pulls after he looses the election. 

Trump is probably going to get reelected, unless this is finally his undoing. 

Why didn't he at least do this with black ops? What an idiot.

Edit: We have oddly continued to choose the Saudis. I don't see why we have to choose anyone anymore, but if we could take a lot of things back, Iran would probably be a better lesser evil. It's far too late now.

2 minutes ago, marioandsonic said:

My apologies, I really don't understand everything that's going on in the Middle East.  I'll just shut up and leave this thread now.

Sorry, I didn't mean to sound harsh :p

But Iran has effectively run Iraq as a proxy state since the 2003 invasion.  They practically control every facet of Baghdad's security policy.

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, marioandsonic said:

1.) My apologies, I really don't understand everything that's going on in the Middle East. 2.) I'll just shut up and leave this thread now.

1. What the US government and military are experiencing. 

2. What the US military should be doing with regards to Iraq.

• Haha 5

Just now, Massdriver said:

Trump is probably going to get reelected, unless this is finally his undoing. 

Why didn't he at least do this with black ops? What an idiot.

Not to go off topic too much on this but while his general base loves him, the party is bleeding people and you don't win elections on purely your party alone you need independents and they're not quite lining up to kiss his ass atm. Not to mention not all of his base is pro war. For me really the wild card in all this is the GOP is going to do everything they can to rig the election as much as possible.

Just now, chakoo said:

Not to go off topic too much on this but while his general base loves him, the party is bleeding people and you don't win elections on purely your party alone you need independents and they're not quite lining up to kiss his ass atm. Not to mention not all of his base is pro war. For me really the wild card in all this is the GOP is going to do everything they can to rig the election as much as possible.

He's going to lose by 5 million in the popular vote and squeak out an Electoral College win.

Just come to terms with that right now and move on.

• Sad 1
  • Haha 1

3 minutes ago, SFLUFAN said:

He's going to lose by 5 million in the popular vote and squeak out an Electoral College win.

This must be that red wave I heard so much about in the last congressional election.

:cheers:

Again, I have no doubts that bullshit will be had to push this into the GOPs favor as much as possible. I'm in no dissolution at the possibility he could win the next election, I just currently don't think it's a forgone conclusion at the moment. 

-edit-
Sorry I really don't want to take away from the main discussion of what this thread should really be about. I'll keep from continuing this discussion in this thread. 

If this starts a war... will this be the war the US is most unprepared for in its history? I can already envision Iran sinking US ships in the gulf, only for Trump to order an invasion in response and being told "there are no forces there to invade with."

When does Trump order nuclear strikes on Iran in a blind rage? And who tries to stop him?

• Shocked 1

4 minutes ago, CitizenVectron said:

If this starts a war... will this be the war the US is most unprepared for in its history? I can already envision Iran sinking US ships in the gulf, only for Trump to order an invasion in response and being told "there are no forces there to invade with."

When does Trump order nuclear strikes on Iran in a blind rage? And who tries to stop him?

Oh come on.

• Haha 1

9 minutes ago, SFLUFAN said:

I’ve already come to the same conclusion. He is actually doing well in swing states in match ups. I’m not optimistic. 

2 minutes ago, mclumber1 said:

but America would probably lose a lot in the process as well.  

Millennium Challenge 2002

Red received an ultimatum from Blue, essentially a surrender document, demanding a response within 24 hours. Thus warned of Blue's approach, Red used a fleet of small boats to determine the position of Blue's fleet by the second day of the exercise. In a preemptive strike, Red launched a massive salvo of cruise missiles that overwhelmed the Blue forces' electronic sensors and destroyed sixteen warships. The losses were as follows: one aircraft carrier, ten cruisers and five of six amphibious ships. An equivalent success in a real conflict would have resulted in the deaths of over 20,000 service personnel. Soon after the cruise missile offensive, another significant portion of Blue's navy was "sunk" by an armada of small Red boats, which carried out both conventional and suicide attacks that capitalized on Blue's inability to detect them as well as expected.

1. Trump squeezes Iran by backing out of the Iranian agreement

2. Iran lashes out as we squeeze their economy

3. Trump nearly strikes but doesn't and brags

4. Iran proxy attack on embassy (I'm assuming this is conformed)

5. Trump assassinates a high profile government official

jurassic park Ian Malcom GIF