Update: Iraqi court issues arrest warrant for Insurrectionist-in-Chief over killing of paramilitary leader last January

I've said it before and I'll say it again... If we allow this joke of an administration to take us into war with Iran than WE, the people are complicit. The fact that they are trying to link this to 911 is a joke and if we haven't learned anything in the 20 years since the attacks it's then that's on us. We already allowed one Republican administration to take us into war with the wrong country, we're going to do that again? With all we know about Trump? This is bullshit.

56 minutes ago, skillzdadirecta said:

I've said it before and I'll say it again... If we allow this joke of an administration to take us into war with Iran than WE, the people are complicit. The fact that they are trying to link this to 911 is a joke and if we haven't learned anything in the 20 years since the attacks it's then that's on us. We already allowed one Republican administration to take us into war with the wrong country, we're going to do that again? With all we know about Trump? This is bullshit.

Shut up and support the troops you hate our freedom!

29 minutes ago, 2user1cup said:

Pompeo's bullshit about "getting Iran to behave like a normal nation", coming from the United States, is the geopolitical equivalent of "STOP HITTING YOURSELF!!!"

2 hours ago, skillzdadirecta said:

I'm not even sure there's a "we" about it.  The American people didn't elect Trump, he has maintained minority support in the years since his election and he's been enabled by a Senate that doesn't represent the majority of Americans

2 minutes ago, finaljedi said:

I'm not even sure there's a "we" about it.  The American people didn't elect Trump, he has maintained minority support in the years since his election and he's been enabled by a Senate that doesn't represent the majority of Americans

The American people didn't elect Trump? Then how in the hell is he in office? 

2 minutes ago, Uaarkson said:

Electoral college? Don’t be obtuse.

40%+ of voting age adults didn’t even bother to show up. That’s a decision to allow Trump.

25 minutes ago, Uaarkson said:

Electoral college? Don’t be obtuse.

WTF? Yeah he won the electoral college... because real people actually voted for him in swing states. He also beat 15 other Republicans in order to get the nomination and despite all we know about him and his campaign being a publicity stunt that got out of control his approval rating is STILL higher than it has any right to be. So you still want to try and sell me on the notion that "The American People" don't want him in office? What will the excuse be when he gets re-elected despite all of the shit that we know about him? "The American People" are running out of excuses for repeating the mistakes of the past and electing shitty leaders. 

9 minutes ago, skillzdadirecta said:

WTF? Yeah he won the electoral college... because real people actually voted for him in swing states. He also beat 15 other Republicans in order to get the nomination and despite all we know about him and his campaign being a publicity stunt that got out of control and his approval rating is STILL higher than it has any right to be. So you still want to try and sell me on the notion that "The American People" don't want him in office? What will the excuse be when he gets re-elected despite all of the shit that we know about him? "The American People" are running out of excuses for repeating the mistakes of the past and electing shitty leaders. 

I'll grant that he legitimately won the primary, considering the GOP didn't really want him, but the GOP has been stealing presidential elections for a while now. Reagan negotiating with Iran to extend the hostage crisis to hurt Carter, the bullshit SCOTUS decision in 2000 that was so blatantly bullshit that they were embarrassed enough to put that it wasn't precedent for anything else, voter purges, etc. Yeah, sure, people need to show up, but let's not pretend like the GOP wins fair and square primarily just because Democrats don't show up on election day. 

Just now, Jason said:

I'll grant that he legitimately won the primary, considering the GOP didn't really want him, but the GOP has been stealing presidential elections for a while now. Reagan negotiating with Iran to extend the hostage crisis to hurt Carter, the bullshit SCOTUS decision in 2000 that was so blatantly bullshit that they were embarrassed enough to put that it wasn't precedent for anything else, voter purges, etc. Yeah, sure, people need to show up, but let's not pretend like the GOP wins fair and square primarily just because Democrats don't show up on election day. 

I'll buy this when I see people up in arms to run his ass out of office. It's not just about showing up. It's about turning a blind eye to OBVIOUS corruption which is what most Americans are doing right now and as long as we still want to pretend like we have no say in how our leaders behave, then we deserve the leaders we get and we are collectively responsible for them.

1 minute ago, Massdriver said:

But there is a disturbing amount of voters that are fully on board with Trump. It’s different than how the GOP supported previous presidents. This is more like religious devotion to a man. 

And this too. Folks want to pretend like he doesn't have a significant amount of support out there and like those folks don't matter :|

4 minutes ago, Jason said:

All this is fine and valid, but Trump was still elected by the American people. 

• Thanks 2

2 minutes ago, skillzdadirecta said:

People seem to be in distinct denial about this which is almost as amazing to me as the fact that he got elected in the first place.

The thing that drives me fucking nuts is that half the times, this bullshit is peddled by people that didn't even bother to vote for HRC.

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, Jose said:

The thing that drives me fucking nuts is that half the times, this bullshit is peddled by people that didn't even bother to vote for HRC.

Right? Because a lot of them convinced themselves that she would have somehow been WORSE for the country. They tell themselves that to justify their part in the shit show we're in now. And when these folks nominate Bernie, and he loses in a Dukakis like fashion, they'll find some other reason for why Trump got re-elected.

48 minutes ago, Massdriver said:

But there is a disturbing amount of voters that are fully on board with Trump. It’s different than how the GOP supported previous presidents. This is more like religious devotion to a man. 

What's new? Why is this a shock? America is a puritanical racist country filled with cops-military-fetishisers, and a general populace of cunts who are taught to think they are heroes and special. This is who this country is and it will always be part of it's fabric.