Update: Iraqi court issues arrest warrant for Insurrectionist-in-Chief over killing of paramilitary leader last January

3 minutes ago, Chris- said:

Trump Doctrine will be forever known for both its stunning stupidity and absolutely surprising results.

I couldn't have said it better myself.  He just fumbled and stumbled into a political and diplomatic "win" by actually coming off as "reasonable", no matter how unintentionally.

• Haha 1

19 minutes ago, SFLUFAN said:

I couldn't have said it better myself.  He just fumbled and stumbled into a political and diplomatic "win" by actually coming off as "reasonable", no matter how unintentionally.

Just wait a few hours.

1 minute ago, SFLUFAN said:

If a retaliatory strike never materializes, I can't wait to see the apopleptic editorials from Maximum Boot and the other neocons that found a home in the #NeverTrump #TheResistance.

Nah, he's too busy writing articles about how M4A, the GND, and free post secondary education will cost a lot of money. 

55 minutes ago, TwinIon said:

So he didn't ask about how many people he was going to kill before he ordered the strike?

51 minutes ago, Jwheel86 said:

Nope, and no one told him before he gave the order. Not sure which is worse. 

When they mention next time that it will be brown people dying, he may approve it.

Don't worry, you'll get that war soon enough!

7 hours ago, TwinIon said:

So he didn't ask about how many people he was going to kill before he ordered the strike?

7 hours ago, Jwheel86 said:

Nope, and no one told him before he gave the order. Not sure which is worse. 

Trump Approved Iran Strikes Knowing Body Count Would Be High

President Donald Trump approved preparations for military strikes against Iran—fully aware that dozens of more Iranians might die as a result, two senior Trump administration officials and another source familiar with the situation tell The Daily Beast.

If I went on CNN to explain why Iran would want to pursue a nuclear weapon and the reasons for the 1979 Islamic Revolution in terms of a reaction to the US puppet shah regime that was installed after the CIA-sponsored Operation Ajax coup in 1953 that overthrew a democratically-elected government, how far would I get before my mic gets cut off? 

20 minutes ago, SFLUFAN said:

If I went on CNN to explain why Iran would want to pursue a nuclear weapon and the reasons for the 1979 Islamic Revolution in terms of a reaction to the US puppet shah regime that was installed after the CIA-sponsored Operation Ajax coup in 1953 that overthrew a democratically-elected government, how far would I get before my mic gets cut off? 

Dude you're crazy, nothing will go wrong with our plan! It's flawless!

I can't help but think he planned to call it off all along; he wanted the headlines saying he called it off at the last minute so he can get in front of the crowds at his rallies and lecture everyone how tough it is to be president and how he will always do the right thing, but you gotta be tough, but you gotta fair people, you gotta be fair. And you gotta be smart.

35 minutes ago, Massdriver said:

I can't help but think he planned to call it off all along; he wanted the headlines saying he called it off at the last minute so he can get in front of the crowds at his rallies and lecture everyone how tough it is to be president and how he will always do the right thing, but you gotta be tough, but you gotta fair people, you gotta be fair. And you gotta be smart.

I think there's probably something to this. It's a classic sign of a dictator (or narcissist) to claim to be the only one who can solve the problems of the people.