High End Budget Build opinions?

yea I see that the 9900 is 500 not 600, but I had to say whoa somewhere . . . lol :money: I was going to get the 8700k so I bumped that to a 9700k, small failure I guess. I think having this end up right at 2500 was pretty sweet and I thank you all for helping me see that it was possible. Didn't want to go to the 3k range while still hunting for a good gaming 65" tv to pair it with. That is becoming quite a challenge. 

4 minutes ago, cusideabelincoln said:

Yeah, and really at 4k with a 2080 Ti all of those CPUs are going to be the same.  Since you said you very rarely upgrade, there really wouldn't be any difference by going all out on a 9900k.

The 16 threads vs 8 could be beneficial after the next consoles launch (depending on their cpus). Currently, though, yea, no difference. :sun:

25 minutes ago, mikechorney said:

TBH, I think a 2080Ti is a waste -- so much of the money goes towards those ray tracing cores, that don't do much in today's games.

I would save the $$$ and get a 2080, and then sell it to buy whatever comes out next gen.

They’re overpriced because of the tensor cores, but for real 4k gaming you really can’t go with anything less tbh.

Quick question about the Corsair 750Watt Platinum PSU

Do you think thats enough to play around with overclocking somewhat no extremes here but some on CPU and GPU? The recommended for the build was 550watts so I went with a 750 over an 850watter? THOUGHTS?

5 hours ago, HardAct said:

Do you think thats enough to play around with overclocking somewhat no extremes here but some on CPU and GPU? The recommended for the build was 550watts so I went with a 750 over an 850watter? THOUGHTS?

750 is plenty unless you go multi-GPU (don’t do it :p )

On 5/20/2019 at 3:20 PM, HardAct said:

If the recommended build is 550w, I would not buy a 750w (unless you don't care about efficiency).  Buy a little more than you need.

18 hours ago, mikechorney said:

If the recommended build is 550w, I would not buy a 750w (unless you don't care about efficiency).  Buy a little more than you need.

isn't buying a 750Watt PSU essentially "a little more than I need" ? I gave myself some room to add hd's, etc in the future . .  . good advise though, and I thank you! 

25 minutes ago, HardAct said:

isn't buying a 750Watt PSU essentially "a little more than I need" ? I gave myself some room to add hd's, etc in the future . .  . good advise though, and I thank you! 

750 is perfect. Especially if/when you OC the system.

3 hours ago, HardAct said:

Like @Spork3245If you are planning on overclocking, 750 is a good choice.

That said, I just tried your build in a calculator, and came up with quite a bit more than 550W (more like 675W)-- I may have put in the wrong clocks and voltage on the GPU, and I was only assuming a pretty mild overclock on the CPU.  If I did it right, you probably want  the 750W anyways.

Guys I need help with GPU cables. This may seem stupid, but its bothering me bad. 

I have 2x4 (8) pin x 2 cables on my GPU (zotec 2080ti extreme amp edition) connectors on my GPU. My power supply PciE cables have  4×2 8 pin cables going to two 6x2 cables. Card came with 1 8pin to 2 6x2 adapters. This leaves the x2 cable part just hang there. 

Can you please link me to strait 8pin CPU x 8pin GPU cables? I need 2 obviously. Seem strange if you try and plug them in back ward meaning the psus side of my 8pin cables dont connect in the 8pin plug on my GPU. It only goes in the psu side. And even though the 6pin x 2pin side even if put together to make a 8pin plug, it wont plug into the psu side 8pin plug?

Cant I just have 8pin going to 8pin plugs for my gpu?

Please help me, the wires going to the GPU are killing my vibe. Why dosent the 6x2 plug put together not fit in the psu side?

Click New Gaming Rig Here

Ok you guys are right so sorry.

The 6x2 pins will go in the 8 pin slot on my GPU. I dont know how I got fucked up. Only real issue was the PCIe cables all have 8pin PSU side and split at the end in to 2 PCIe 6x2 cables. Now I know the graphics card needs 2 seperate 8pin plugs coming from the psu. So had to use 2 of the cables but at the card both cables had a 6x2 cable hanging. Tough to make that look good! So I snipped off the hanging 2 6x2 cables, making it very tidy!!

Below is the final build. No issues other than cable management. It's super clean, super quiet. Perfect build.

Thanks for the help and decisions, etc.

Nzxt 700 case

I7 9700k CPU

Asus Z390-a motherboard 

4x8 sticks (32 gigs) ddr4 3200 Corsair vengeance ram

Zotec 2080Ti extreme amp edition GPU

Corsair h100i rgb cooler

Corsair 750watt platinum psu

M.2 Samsung Evo 970 500mb ssd for boot HD

Samsung 1tb 860 evo HD 

Gigabit wifi PCIe card

Windows 10 home

Total 2547.87 before windows 10, a logitech m510 mouse and keyboard combo

Around 2700.00 but I had nothing I could use from previous builds, so price went up a bit.

Thanks for all the help, Thank You very much

New Gaming Rig