2018 Atlantic Hurricane Season Thread

4 minutes ago, CitizenVectron said:

Yeah but when are they going to project a hologram into my own home showing how bad the damage will be? I want to see grandma floating in the basement.

In the future, we'll have tech that will project a hologram of a perfect house over the smoldering ashes of your current house.  Holodeck IRL. 

I went to college there in Greenville, Tar River floods like a mofo. Campus and Downtown will absolutely flood, Football Stadium is safe though on College Hill!

In my neighborhood 2 hours away (around Morehead City if you're watching Weather Channel) my neighbor reports no power, 80mph gusts, and the storm surge is pushing up the Sound and is flooding our properties. Their house hasn't breached yet but the house is surrounded by water, a little higher and the waves will start hitting the houses full force. 

Well, not going home under at least Monday. 24hr county curfew in effect until Sunday, massive flooding in town and a lot of swift water rescues underway. Only access to my neighborhood (12 miles away) is flooded out, probably lots of trees down between there and home. 

2 dead in Wilmington, tree fell on the house. A mother and baby.