Jump to content

Giuliani travels to Ukraine to dig up dirt on Biden and his son, "We're not meddling in an election."


Recommended Posts

https://www.newsweek.com/trump-lawyer-rudy-giuliani-traveling-ukraine-push-probes-democrats-nothing-1421726

 

Quote

Giuliani on Thursday told The New York Times of his intentions to meet with Ukraine’s President-elect Volodymyr Zelensky in Kiev in an attempt to convince him to continue pursuing investigations into former Vice President Joe Biden, who announced his 2020 presidential bid last month, and his past dealings with the country, as well as the origins of special counsel Robert Mueller’s Russia investigation.

 

“We’re not meddling in an election; we’re meddling in an investigation, which we have a right to do,” Trump's attorney said, adding, “There’s nothing illegal about it.”

 

“Somebody could say it’s improper,” Giuliani explained. “And this isn’t foreign policy—I’m asking them to do an investigation that they’re doing already and that other people are telling them to stop. And I’m going to give them reasons why they shouldn’t stop it, because that information will be very, very helpful to my client, and may turn out to be helpful to my government.”

 

Giuliani revealed he had been planning for weeks to deliver a paid speech to a Jewish group in Kiev, but said that his meeting with Zelensky was “not confirmed yet.”

 

“I am going to tell him what I know about the people that are surrounding him and how important it is to do a full, complete and fair investigation,” said the former New York mayor.

 

Quote

Giuliani’s “motivation is to try to discredit the special counsel’s investigation; undermine the case against Paul Manafort, Mr. Trump’s imprisoned former campaign chairman; and potentially to damage Mr. Biden, the early front-runner for the 2020 Democratic presidential nomination,” the Times wrote, noting that Giuliani's potential meeting would come after Trump has spent more than half of his presidency scrutinized over allegations his 2016 campaign conspired with a foreign power.

 

  • Guillotine 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

@Jason Your thread is about the Times reporting on the information that Giuliani got instead of the really shitty way he went about it. New article is about Giuliani's response. You should have bumped your thread yesterday.

 

You got all the red pages. Now stay in the book.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 minutes ago, SaysWho? said:

@Jason Your thread is about the Times reporting on the information that Giuliani got instead of the really shitty way he went about it. New article is about Giuliani's response. You should have bumped your thread yesterday.

 

You got all the red pages. Now stay in the book.

 

wat

Link to comment
Share on other sites

29 minutes ago, SaysWho? said:

I'm a lame-o who doesn't get what you're saying by deep cut so could you help my stupid ass self?

Historically it would be related to more obscure or inaccessible music. Like if I asked you, “what’s your favorite Springsteen song” and you said, “Queen of the Supermarket,” I’d say, “damn that’s a deep cut,” because that’s nobody’s favorite Springsteen song. 

 

More recently it’s that along with any obscure reference. Like if @Man of Culture was being a dick and I said, “that’s about what I’d expect from the guy who spawn camped the shit out of me that time we played Syphon Filter PSP against one another in 2006,” he could say, “that’s an IGN deep cut right there.”

  • Thanks 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, Kal-El814 said:

Historically it would be related to more obscure or inaccessible music. Like if I asked you, “what’s your favorite Springsteen song” and you said, “Queen of the Supermarket,” I’d say, “damn that’s a deep cut,” because that’s nobody’s favorite Springsteen song. 

 

More recently it’s that along with any obscure reference. Like if @Man of Culture was being a dick and I said, “that’s about what I’d expect from the guy who spawn camped the shit out of me that time we played Syphon Filter PSP against one another in 2006,” he could say, “that’s an IGN deep cut right there.”

 

Damn, that really explained everything.

 

I didn't even think that Myst was an obscure reference, but then again, "Bring me the red pages," isn't exactly, "Would you kindly," so maybe it seems more well-known because I played it. :p 

  • Upvote 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

5 minutes ago, Signifyin(g)Monkey said:

Unfortunately, you can Expect a lot more of this if Biden is the nominee.

 

He’s got a lot of baggage and Trump’s gonna use it to tar and feather him (and his family) as best he can.

 

It’s why I don’t like Biden’s chances in the general.

 

Both Biden and Bernie have baggage that’s going to kill them in the general. 

 

Harris or Warren SHOULD be the front runners.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 5/11/2019 at 6:23 PM, MarSolo said:

 

Both Biden and Bernie have baggage that’s going to kill them in the general. 

 

Harris or Warren SHOULD be the front runners.

Ya, Pocahontas and her DNA test have no baggage. She'll be ridiculed constantly and never get out a word trump doesn't have a smart remark for. It'll be Hillary 2.0.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, TheGreatGamble said:

Ya, Pocahontas and her DNA test have no baggage. She'll be ridiculed constantly and never get out a word trump doesn't have a smart remark for. It'll be Hillary 2.0.

 

A DNA test. Whoopi fucking doo.

 

That’s small potatoes compared to Trump’s bullshit.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

 Share

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.
×
×
  • Create New...