Living Alone Causes Mental Disorders, Study Finds

21 hours ago, Greatoneshere said:

Wow, I'm gone for 3 days and this thread went some places. 

I just wanted to genuinely help @Zaku3. Feeling painfully alone can be very isolating and there's no reason anyone should feel that way if they don't want to, is my hope. 

I appreciate your concern. Though I am kinda in the SFLUfan position. I am not really lonely anymore ever since I started taking my antidepressant. I have some hope since I am talking to my old classmate. Though she is going through a divorce so that will probably be a long term thing. Primary goal is to establish a friendship and see where it goes from there. 

I bailed on my work crush. I think she is trying to talk to me again but I dunno. I think I am friendzoned which is fine but I don't really need anymore friends then I have. Plus we hang out and talk so much that I don't think a possible future GF would allow that to survive.

• Like 1

On 5/13/2019 at 3:23 PM, Greatoneshere said:

Wow, I'm gone for 3 days and this thread went some places. 

I just wanted to genuinely help @Zaku3. Feeling painfully alone can be very isolating and there's no reason anyone should feel that way if they don't want to, is my hope. 

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, Zaku3 said:

I appreciate your concern. Though I am kinda in the SFLUfan position. I am not really lonely anymore ever since I started taking my antidepressant. I have some hope since I am talking to my old classmate. Though she is going through a divorce so that will probably be a long term thing. Primary goal is to establish a friendship and see where it goes from there. 

I bailed on my work crush. I think she is trying to talk to me again but I dunno. I think I am friendzoned which is fine but I don't really need anymore friends then I have. Plus we hang out and talk so much that I don't think a possible future GF would allow that to survive.

I don't think the situation needs to be as dire as I'm sure it currently is. Plus, D1P is a community. I hope you're doing well bru, don't give up.

2 hours ago, Zaku3 said:

Seriously though, hang in there with all this and power through it. Life comes in wave in terms of ups and downs, at least in my experience. Shit that seems utterly crushing can feel like a distant memory a week later if the chips fall right. 

To quote the Oscar-nominated dialog in The Crow..."It can't rain all the time!".

2 minutes ago, CastlevaniaNut18 said:

Apoc wasn't married and despised children if I recall. 

There are some similarities in their styles, but unless the guy decided to invent a new persona and backstory, I don't think it's apoc. 

If I remember correctly the whole Apoc persona wasnt exactly truthful.

2 minutes ago, CastlevaniaNut18 said:

He lied about his body building, but that's all that we know of. 

No reason to think he liked about his general views. I just don't see any evidence to support that they're the same person. 

Maybe I am misrembering then , I could of sworn stuff like his job,life style and his super hot Secretary were all made up .

Just now, SimpleG said:

Maybe I am misrembering then , I could of sworn stuff like his job,life style and his super hot Secretary were all made up .

Maybe, but my point still stands. 

It would be kinda strange that a guy who repeatedly and adamantly expressed no desire for marriage or kids suddenly invents a new persona involving marriage and kids. 

Other than a fondness for guns, I'm not seeing any similarities. 

10 minutes ago, CastlevaniaNut18 said:

He lied about his body building, but that's all that we know of. 

No reason to think he lied about his general views. I just don't see any evidence to support that they're the same person. 

He lied about a lot of things, even that dog he got. In any case we're not supposed to talk about this openly.

And his views and tone are just about on par as Apoc, he's just making all the other stuff up around it.

Oh, I didn't realize it was some big secret we weren't supposed to tell. 

I just don't buy that they're the same person, yet people seem to want to confirm it as a fact without evidence. A couple vague similarities isn't nearly enough. 

The tone definitely isn't there. Apoc was a pompous asshole. This guy doesn't nearly rise to that level.