Living Alone Causes Mental Disorders, Study Finds

10 minutes ago, RedSoxFan9 said:

unsolicited advice isn’t going to solve the US’s loneliness epidemic 

The very existence of that epidemic is entirely dependent on whether people are "truly" lonely or whether societal pressure -- exacerbated through the degenerative influence of social media -- has convinced them to believe that they are lonely.

4 minutes ago, SFLUFAN said:

I'm pretty sure that will be your fate -- along with the rest of us -- because ultimately we all die alone!

Since most of us here are male, if you do have a (female) spouse, she will most certainly outlive you. I mean when you die, only you do so, but you may not be dying alone

1 minute ago, b_m_b_m_b_m said:

Since most of us here are male, if you do have a (female) spouse, she will most certainly outlive you. I mean when you die, only you do so, but you may not be dying alone

Do you know why men die before their wives?  

Because they want to!

3 minutes ago, b_m_b_m_b_m said:

Sleeping under a different blanket while married master race. No bed made here.

We have separate blankets. I have to fold each one on top of the sheets. No bueno.

The "make the bed" advice should not be scoffed at as it represents a relatively simple task that does provide a sense of accomplishment to those whose psychological state requires it.

One of the hosts of the Partially Examined Life podcast is the director of a halfway house for people who have attempted suicide and making the bed in the morning is Rule #1 of the facility.

22 minutes ago, SFLUFAN said:

The very existence of that epidemic is entirely dependent on whether people are "truly" lonely or whether societal pressure -- exacerbated through the degenerative influence of social media -- has convinced them to believe that they are lonely.

I think most are genuinely lonely

20 minutes ago, SFLUFAN said:

The "make the bed" advice should not be scoffed at as it represents a relatively simple task that does provide a sense of accomplishment to those whose psychological state requires it.

One of the hosts of the Partially Examined Life podcast is the director of a halfway house for people who have attempted suicide and making the bed in the morning is Rule #1 of the facility.

Is there anything, and I mean anything, in life that you have not specifically analyzed haha??

Lucian is kind of an ass, but that last big post of his isn't entirely wrong. Also, I've never read Jordan Peterson and what little I know about him, I don't really have a desire to.

Also, forget making my bed. I haven't done that since my mom made me as a kid. Only time my bed gets made is when I wash my sheets.

19 minutes ago, sblfilms said:

My oldest child makes all the beds. It’s nice.

I make my son take out the trash and mow the yard, and my daughter do the dishes and clean the bathrooms.  Long live the patriarchy!!

Your oldest really makes all the beds on a daily basis?  That's inspirational 

9 minutes ago, Boyle5150 said:

I make my son take out the trash and mow the yard, and my daughter do the dishes and clean the bathrooms.  Long live the patriarchy!!

Your oldest really makes all the beds on a daily basis?  That's inspirational 

Yup. My kids are also responsible for taking out the trash, and separating all the laundry for washing. My wife is a task master Mexican momma so the list of chores is extensive.

And none of this is new, they all started having some chore list when they were probably 4, so at 12/9/7 they are all seasoned pros.

We could start a house cleaning service and just send the kids over to handle it...hmmmmmmm

9 minutes ago, sblfilms said:

Yup. My kids are also responsible for taking out the trash, and separating all the laundry for washing. My wife is a task master Mexican momma so the list of chores is extensive.

And none of this is new, they all started having some chore list when they were probably 4, so at 12/9/7 they are all seasoned pros.

We could start a house cleaning service and just send the kids over to handle it...hmmmmmmm

I remember having to mow the lawn and shovel snow during the winter. I would tell my mom that i will freeze to death and she would reply make sure to reach the car before that happens.

• Haha 1

39 minutes ago, Remarkableriots said:

I remember having to mow the lawn and shovel snow during the winter. I would tell my mom that i will freeze to death and she would reply make sure to reach the car before that happens.

This is why you are good people... call her and thank her

• Like 1